Talk

Advanced search

Ovulated twice this month..??

(7 Posts)
dreamingofmynextsleep Sat 20-Jun-15 20:49:33

I'm super confused and need your advice..

I have a 35 days cycle. Last week (9th June) I had EWCM and so did the deed. However, I then had EWCM and ovulation cramps monday (15th).. Husband was away so no DTD.
However, since Wednesday I've had awful cramping - I usually cramp on the left with my endometriosis, especially around ovulation, but this is across my lower abdomen. I've also had sore boobs, like they are bruised (this has never been a PMS symptom for me) a headache I can't shift and I'm super emotional - I cried over a simple father day card that merely said "Dad, you are the best!"...
I also spotted once when wiping yesterday (Friday) which is also not something that happens pre AF.

So can ovulation happen twice..? If I ovulated last week, I'd be due on in the next 3 days.. But if I ovulated at the beginning of this week - surely Pre AF cramping shouldn't be happening 10 days early..???

My body hates me. Lol x

MrsBungle Sat 20-Jun-15 20:55:01

Maybe you are pregnant. Do a test? I has very sore boobs even before I tested.

dreamingofmynextsleep Sat 20-Jun-15 20:57:39

Would you leave it a little while longer..? Maybe until I'm 14days post my original "ovulation"..??

MrsBungle Sat 20-Jun-15 22:05:40

Well if you're period is due in 3 days I would probably test then.

dreamingofmynextsleep Sun 21-Jun-15 17:47:51

Hi, me again... Sorry! Just trying to get my head arond all of this.

Would you say you had ovulated by EWCM or by twinges you may get (some of us don't) around the time you would most likely ovulate??

The only reason I'm asking is that this weekend, I've had crippling back pain as well as cramping across the whole if my abdomen. My boobs are so sore and I'm exhausted.. I would usually have started spotting by now if I had ovulated 2 weeks ago as I'd be due tomorrow?

But if I ovulated Monday like my normal cycle would suggest - I had ovarian twinges but creamy CM - then I wouldn't be due for another 7 days and these cramps/back pain would be way in advance of my AF

Can you tell my mind is in overdrive?? sad

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Sun 21-Jun-15 20:00:07

You can't ovulate twice in one month unless you count a double ovulation (twice in 24 hours which can result in twins).
Most likely scenario is ovulation on the very last day you saw ewcm. If ever I've had two lots of ewcm, my period (or bfp) has always come exactly two weeks after the last lot. I can only assume that my body geared up to ovulate and for some reason failed to, so tried again a week later. As ewcm is the result of estrogen, it makes sense that you wouldn't see it again after you have successfully ovulated.
This is based on a few things I've read about the cycle if hormones, and also what I have observed in my own body. Of course, you might not be the same as me!
I would test two weeks after your first lot of ewcm. If no bfp and no period, I would assume ovulation had happened later and then assume period is due later as well (rather than getting obsessed with testing every day and assuming you're period has gone awol).

MrsBungle Sun 21-Jun-15 20:57:05

If it was me I would test when my period was due. I found it helpful to use ovulation sticks so that I was sure when I ovulated. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now