Talk

Advanced search

TTC and booking holiday

(7 Posts)
sunshinegirl12 Sat 20-Jun-15 10:50:52

This is my first post on here as feeling down today as been TTC for 6 months now since the start of the year and nothingsad so as a constant worrier am working myself up that something must be wrong, but husband thinks its still early days and i should stop obsessing and plan some positive things for the future... suggested we book a holiday to st lucia for september that we have been dreaming of for a couple of years now, but it is still in the back of my mind what if i am pregnant then and what if something went wrong?? I feel like im going crazy planning everything around the 'what ifs' and i know having something else to focus on would be good. Has anyone been to st lucia in early preg and was it ok?
Husband has a very relaxed attitude to TTC and we arent telling family or friends so I dont really have anyone else to ask for opinions please. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Oysterbabe Sat 20-Jun-15 11:16:13

Book the holiday, you'll be absolutely fine to go if you're pregnant by then. And if not it'll be a great time to TTC. I'm currently pregnant with my Barbados baby smile

RoseBud2015 Sat 20-Jun-15 11:24:55

Hi,
I wrote a very similar thread to this nearly 11 months ago. DH and I were planning a trip to Dubai at Christmas and I was worried about being pregnant by the time we went. The advice I got was not to put ANYTHING on hold for TTC! And I'm so glad I took that advice because nearly 11 months on we still aren't pregnant and I'm now on clomid!
We had an amazingly relaxing holiday in Dubai and it was the best way to switch off from TTC. Since then I've also been to Ireland, and DH and I have booked a holiday of a lifetime travelling South America in July.
Don't let TTC dominate your life.... you could have a very long journey ahead of you! Good luck! X

sunshinegirl12 Sat 20-Jun-15 11:49:10

Thanks for your replies, I think I will just book itsmile

Oysterbabe, congrats on ur holiday baby.

Rosebud, goodluck with getting ur positive in the future, your holidays sound amazing in the meantimesmile

FlatWhiteToGo Sat 20-Jun-15 13:04:17

Definitely book the holiday! We wanted to go away around July and I suggested we stay in the UK as I'd probably be heavily pregnant by then. It's now June and there's no sign of any baby (and we're stuck in this miserable country!). We're now thinking of going away around November time, so I will 100% be booking somewhere exotic and far away! smile. You should definitely book the holiday as if you're still TTC then the holiday may be just what you need to brighten your mood smile x

sunshinegirl12 Sat 20-Jun-15 16:31:20

Thank you. Your replies have really helped. Xx

Bosabosa Sat 20-Jun-15 23:11:14

Good luck sunshine! After trying For 10 months, I got pregnant on holiday! You have nothing to lose

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now