Talk

Advanced search

TTC#1 scared to POAS

(15 Posts)
shipperssss Fri 19-Jun-15 12:19:47

Hi,

This is my first thread on here but have been lurking for a while.

Me and DH have recently decided to start TTC#1. Infact we are only on cycle 2 currently. 1st cycle my period arrived like clockwork and I was upset but didn't think about it too much as we have no idea how long it might take

This month we DTD on all the relevant days and I am currently 4 days late. I haven't tested since AF was due but did test 2 days before and it was a BFN! I know people sometimes don't get BFP until a few days after AF is due.

TMI but I have extremely thick and creamy CM and no signs of AF arriving anytime soon. Thing is, I am so terrified of POAS, what if it actually is positive?! I know it's what I want but I am absolutely terrified.

So please can someone give me a slap and tell me to man up and get on with it!

I know we are very lucky if we get a BFP this early and I hope my post doesn't offend anyone.

Thanks!

missybct Fri 19-Jun-15 12:28:13

As you said, a BFN is not uncommon before AF arrives - it can take the hormones a while to hit the urine.

The longer you leave it, the more your brain will take you into different scenario thinking - the best thing you can do all round, for you, your DH and health is to POAS and see what happens.

Good luck flowers

shipperssss Fri 19-Jun-15 12:30:19

Thanks missybct. Will get another test tonight when DH is home from work.

Am I best to wait and test in the morning?

MagpieCursedTea Fri 19-Jun-15 12:32:56

If you're 4 days late, you probably don't need to wait until the morning, but if you can hold off until then it'll save any doubt.
Good luck!

breadstixandhommus Fri 19-Jun-15 12:34:17

Man up and get on with itgrin

Seriously though, we were ttc for 14 months and I cried when we got our very much wanted BFP as I just didn't know how we would cope with a baby confusedhmm

I understand your fear, 2 cycles is not a lot of time to get your head together properly, but this is just the very first worry in many, many years of worry. Enjoy lol!

Just do it, if +ve have a cry and get over it so you can start planning, if it's -ve have a cry and get over it so you can look forward to the next cycle.

Good luck!

missybct Fri 19-Jun-15 13:03:28

I'd say test in the morning - simply to avoid any potential ambiguity - and try to relax until then - fingers crossed for your BPF!

MagpieCursedTea Sat 20-Jun-15 13:22:04

Did you test OP?

cookielove Sat 20-Jun-15 16:16:51

Bump?

shipperssss Sun 21-Jun-15 06:37:15

Sorry for the late update.

BFN but still no AF. Not sure what to do next?

I suppose I am only 5 days late today.

Thomasjames2007 Sun 21-Jun-15 07:07:46

It took us over a year and a half to finally conceive and if you asked me before that time if I was regular I would have said AF was like clockwork. However I soon realised that When you aren't trying you really don't pay that much attention as long as it appears every month!! You will most of time be +\- a couple of days either side however when trying you obsess a little (well I did) and watch like a hawk every month!! I got my BFP positive on the day of my missed period (see obsessed)! I took the test as usually I would spot a couple of days before my AF was due and I didn't that month also I still had period pain. I also bought a lot of POAS's on Amazon (the really cheap ones) as I was a bit addicted to POAS!!! Good luck!

Esker Sun 21-Jun-15 09:59:40

Shipperssss I am in the same boat. 7 days late and BFN. It's very annoying as I'm now not sure where I am in my cycle and when I will next ovulate. I've gone from dreading AF to wishing she would hurry up and arrive so I can officially be in my next cycle!

shipperssss Sun 21-Jun-15 21:17:11

Thanks for the luck thomasjames2007. I wi be buying some internet cheapies if no BFP soon!

Esker - I am going to test again on Tuesday is still no AF. But don't know what to do after that if it doesn't show and still BFN?

shipperssss Tue 23-Jun-15 04:33:24

sad AF arrived this morning. Heavier and more painful than usual, as if it wasn't bad enough for her to turn up in the first place!

MagpieCursedTea Tue 23-Jun-15 07:51:07

Ah sorry to hear that sad
TTC is an emotional roller coaster. Hope you get that BFP soon!

Esker Tue 23-Jun-15 09:14:00

Sorry to hear that Shipperssss hmm Best of luck for the next cycle x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now