Talk

Advanced search

boyfriend doesn't seem to have much sperm

(6 Posts)
gossipgirl81 Thu 18-Jun-15 22:59:17

I'm worried that my boyfriend can't have children. With an ex boyfriend, there was always a lot of semen after dtd, (sorry if this is a bit too much information!) But with my current boyfriend, there is hardly any and I can't even feel it. We have been ttc for 5 months and I just have this horrible niggling feeling that there is something wrong with his sperm.
We are both in our 30s. I don't mean this to sound stupid, but I am genuinely worried about it.
Any advice would be really appreciated, thanks.

WanderWomble Fri 19-Jun-15 01:28:05

Just because there's not much liquid doesn't mean that his swimmers aren't okay. smile No harm in getting things checked out though.

CarriesBucketOfBlood Fri 19-Jun-15 04:31:02

Semen is weird. Some is clear, some is white, some men produce lots, some produce less. If he is producing less it could simply be because you are DDT more often and he doesn't have as much time to recuperate. All men are different but it doesn't mean that there is something wrong.

sizethree Fri 19-Jun-15 04:49:10

It's the quality not the quantity! You only need one of those swimmers to get pregnant so please don't be too cornered at this stage.
Dehydration and ejaculating frequently can affect 'batch' size. And if you're taking a while to conceive, your GP can arrange a semen analysis.

Number3cometome Fri 19-Jun-15 09:47:46

You know what, this is exactly what I thought about my OH!

My ex (who I have two children with) used to have LOADS, but OH has some, but not much in comparison.

However, with my ex it took over and year and then 4 years to conceive.

With new OH it took just 3 months, so there's your proof!

ohhello Fri 19-Jun-15 23:10:31

Are you definately sure he is ejaculating?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now