Talk

Advanced search

New to numsnet and baby making...what to expect?!

(4 Posts)
Babycakes100 Mon 15-Jun-15 18:47:53

Hello everyone! I am new to mumsnet - joined today as I have recently started trying for a baby. I am 23 and came off the pill last summer after we bought our first house and got married. We've decided to start trying but are taking a relaxed 'it will happen when it happens' approach. This is particularly important as I have pretty irregular periods. When I came off the pill I had 3 periods but nothing now for 7 months sad docs are currently looking into this. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Did it affect your ability to conceive at all? Any other tips for a first-timer would also be greatly appreciated smile

Babycakes100 Mon 15-Jun-15 18:55:39

*MUMSnet smile

Purpletig Mon 15-Jun-15 20:26:14

Hello, I am first time trying to conceive and I am 36, I have regular periods and been trying for 7 months now. I am here to chat if you like.

Babycakes100 Mon 15-Jun-15 22:20:20

Hey Purpletig! It is an exciting and frustrating time isn't it! I don't think I have ever been so aware of my body before. I am going for a blood test next week so should hopefully find out what is going on with my irregular periods. Are you using ovulation tests or anything?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now