Talk

Advanced search

Coming off Cerazette (POP)

(12 Posts)
sophied1983 Mon 15-Jun-15 14:13:25

I stopped taking this three weeks ago, to try for a baby with my husband.

The last week or so, I've been feeling really sick and nauseous after eating in particular.

I did think perhaps it was an early indication of being pregnant, although have done a couple of tests and both negative. I know it can take a few weeks for it to show up in your pee though.

Just wondered if anyone else had this sick feeling after coming off mini-pill that wasn't linked to them being pregnant?

Thanks

Number3cometome Mon 15-Jun-15 14:58:17

Coming off Cerazette can give you the symptoms of being pregnant, especially as usually your period doesn't turn up for a while, however 3 weeks would be too soon for symptoms so I would assume it is the pill coming out of your system.

I had all sorts, bad skin, feeling sick and hormonal!

I did however fall pregnant 3 months later grin

Jellybean100 Mon 15-Jun-15 17:34:48

I've just come off the pill. No symptoms for me yet. Have you had any spotting/period yet?

MrsPCR Mon 15-Jun-15 17:46:31

Have you started takes pre-natal vitamin supplements? If so, the iron will do that to you.

sophied1983 Mon 15-Jun-15 18:04:14

I have started on folic acid. Doctor never mentioned it, but read online that it's a good idea to. That's only been for three days though and sick feeling been longer than that.

Maybe it's just body settling down?

ThatsNotEvenAWord Mon 15-Jun-15 18:08:58

This happened to me as well when I came off cerezette, wasted a few tests as I was so sure I'd got pregnant before my first period. I hadn't, but fell pregnant after the first period instead smile I definitely felt horrendous for around a week or so

sophied1983 Mon 15-Jun-15 18:27:05

Good to know it's not just me! When did your first period arrive? I had something last Wed for a couple of days but wouldn't say it was a period.

Number3cometome Mon 15-Jun-15 18:34:39

My first period was September so 2 months

ThatsNotEvenAWord Mon 15-Jun-15 19:09:15

Erm came off in August I think and first period was 16th sept so didn't have to wait too long

sophied1983 Fri 19-Jun-15 17:30:45

This morning I woke to really odd clear jelly-like discharge, never had anything like that before. Tuesday just gone was three weeks since stopping Pill.

And still got the sick feeling after eating and a noticeable loss of appetite.

Doctor explained none of this! Just said stop Pill and you'll be 'normal' and fertile immediately. Explained no possible side effects to stopping Cerazette.

So pleased there is this forum to share as it's embarrassing to ask friends and don't want to let on that we're trying as adds stress / pressure.

PallasCat Fri 19-Jun-15 17:49:52

I came of Cerelle (exact same compound, different only in name) last November and was convinced I was knocked up: all the early symptoms - variation in CM, nausea, lightheadedness, unfamiliar cramps, sensitive and enlarged boobs. Test said no and AF arrived a few days later (I wasn't TTC at that point). Periods were also pretty irregular for 3 months after, and still not as regular as I'd like now. Think it's pretty well established coming off POP - unfortunate your doc didn't give you a heads up if you're TTC straight away. So I guess it could be either at this stage!

sophied1983 Tue 15-Dec-15 06:30:14

Still fun and games on this...

Cycles since end of May have been 42, 45, 47 and then 51 days long! Now being tested for PCOS although bloods came back ok - waiting for ultrasound referral.

How is everyone else getting on?

Sx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now