TTC in July but…

(6 Posts)
Londonlady2015 Sun 14-Jun-15 22:31:56

Hi everyone, first ever post!
DH and I decided to TTC next month (work circumstances mean this month is out). According to calculators etc I'm fertile from 7th July. Two things bother me though:

1) technically today is last day ovulation period for month. Thought I'd do a ovulation test and didn't come back positive though. Is this normal?

2) DH v rarely ejaculates during sex. We've decided to try insemination at home, and DH currently seeing psychiatrist. Had a quick scout on the forums and some seem quite positive about this?

Feel like I'm getting bothered about it all before we even get started, which is obv never a good idea! So many friends seem to have become pregnant first time which is wonderful, but slight pressure too, especially with the 2) prob mentioned above which I've never spoken to anyone about before.

Anyway, a hello from me and here's to a new week!

Oysterbabe Sun 14-Jun-15 22:36:29

Welcome!
You need to do ovulation tests every day from about CD10 to detect ovulation, mine was usually day 14 or 15 but everyone is different and it can vary month to month.
Lots of people have had success with artificial insemination so no problem there.
You probably won't get pregnant the first month trying. I think the average time is about 9 months. You just have to keep at it.
Good luck!

purdiepie Sun 14-Jun-15 22:43:44

We used artificial insemination for reasons surrounding performance pressure after long-term ttc. We got pregnant after the third cycle of AI. Good luck. AI works!

younggifted Sun 14-Jun-15 23:48:29

Ovulation sticks are ok but you might ovulate on day seven. Everyone is different! Taking your temperature would be a much better idea.

Londonlady2015 Mon 15-Jun-15 21:14:31

Hi there thanks so much for your replies!
Oysterbabe you're totally right I think I need to just remember it's a slow process rather than feel impatient and frustrated.
Purdiepie that's really encouraging to hear - do you mind me asking whether it was at home or a clinic?
Younggifted I didn't consider I could ovulate that early. All such a minefield lol. I'll make sure I do that next month so I can at least figure out my body a bit better.

Thanks again!

purdiepie Mon 15-Jun-15 21:30:13

We did it here at home with syringes from the chemist and the cup I use for MIL's brew.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now