Talk

Advanced search

Watery CM soon after miscarriage - could I be about to ovulate?

(6 Posts)
iamadaftcoo Wed 10-Jun-15 09:34:02

I lost my baby at 5 weeks on 31 May (started spotting on 31, properly bleeding a few days after that). I only stopped spotting two days ago and today I have a high, soft cervix and lots of watery CM which usually indicates ovulation for me (I rarely, if ever, get egg white).

I did an OPK yesterday and it was negative but that doesn't mean much for me - the cycle I got pregnant I never got a positive OPK.

Could I really be about to ovulate again this soon? We want to TTC again immediately so if so we need to start DTD!

Grateful for any advice/experience.

iamadaftcoo Wed 10-Jun-15 10:24:09

shameless bump

sizethree Wed 10-Jun-15 10:26:02

So sorry about your miscarriage. Such a heartbreaking experience to go through.
In my experience, I ovulated around 3 weeks after the first full day of bleeding from my miscarriages. I preferred to wait a cycle before TTC, and my period turned up around 5-6 weeks after (so 2-3 weeks after ovulation).
I started using the Clearblue ovulatyoon predictor kits and love them.

iamadaftcoo Wed 10-Jun-15 10:27:55

thank you sizethree

I have OCD and all the TTC stuff makes it worse so I try to stay away from OPKS as I know I'd get upset if they didn't show positive, but I know from temping (and the fact I got knocked up) that I am defo ovulating.

I don't even want to temp at the moment as it makes my anxiety so bad so I am trying to just DTD frequently and check my CM....just don't think it's possible I could ovulate so soon.

sizethree Wed 10-Jun-15 10:37:30

I know several friends who conceived the first cycle after a miscarriage. You're body is very prepared for pregnancy. I hope it happens fast for you. Be prepared that if it does happen that you conceive this cycle, it can make it difficult to date the pregnancy (as you'll not know when you actually ovulated) and I wouldn't want this to cause you extra anxiety.
Ttc can be a stressful time, especially after miscarriage. And early pregnancy can be nerve wraking too. So it's absolutely normal to feel at least part of the stress you are.

iamadaftcoo Wed 10-Jun-15 11:04:01

thanks for your help

yes I know about the dating thing, I just felt like ttc'ing again asap was the only thing that was going to help me feel better. I'm terrified it's going to take ages to happen though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now