Talk

Advanced search

May I ask for help regarding the cervix please?

(5 Posts)
FrankSpencer Sun 07-Jun-15 13:49:16

I found some articles about cervical changes through the cycle. I'm rummaging about to feel what mine is currently doing, and this is something I've never done before.
When mentioning the 'os' in it being closed or open I'm getting confused.
I can feel my os - it's like a large dimple/dent. Does this mean it's open or does it mean its closed? confused
I'm 5 days past ovulation.

Oysterbabe Sun 07-Jun-15 15:11:17

I think if you can feel a large dent it must be open.

FrankSpencer Mon 08-Jun-15 10:11:36

Thanks for your reply Oyster.

It's trial and error as of yet because I'm new to this concept and I need to build up my knowledge of all changes going on down there throughout the cycle. But the 'dimple' did throw me a little.
I'm exactly a week until my AF is due. I'm dying to start testing for a +ive result but I have to be patient.

Thanks again flowers

smellsofelderberries Tue 09-Jun-15 13:55:49

When mine is open the whole thing feels quite spread out and flattened, when it's closed it feels a bit more pointy and can 'swoosh' my finger around it. I can never tell from the opening as it always feels 'open' to me!

FrankSpencer Tue 09-Jun-15 20:53:38

Yes! I think I 'get' that now. I recently read that women who give birth vaginally will most likely feel that their cervix os to be slightly open no matter the time of cycle. It has been stretched to allow the baby to pass though.
I think that's what mine is doing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now