Talk

Advanced search

Wild Yam capsules - are they helpful for TTc?

(6 Posts)
artylady14 Sat 06-Jun-15 15:19:50

So I was clearing out my toiletries cabinet and found some Wild Yam capsules. I cant remember why I got them (always trying new supplements, ring a bell anyone!). I know that it is for something gynaecological. I have searched online and could only find that it can be a factor in conceiving twins in countries where they eat a lot of them.
Does anybody take them and why? I am TTC and would like to shorten my cycle as I ovulate late. Does this help and which part of the month do you take them?

Thank you!

Mrsbadger77 Sat 06-Jun-15 15:53:05

I love the fact you have got random supplements for ttc and can't remember what they're for. Sounds like me! Sorry not come across wild yam but I might give them a go!!wink

artylady14 Sat 06-Jun-15 16:41:30

Haha oh yes, not just for ttc, for all sorts! That's why I don't know what half of them are for gringrin

ProbablyMe Sat 06-Jun-15 17:29:00

It's apparently similar to the progesterone and estrogen that the body produces but it's not proven that the body can use them in the same way.

ProbablyMe Sat 06-Jun-15 17:32:41

Take from period to ovulation like Soy Isoflavones.

artylady14 Sat 06-Jun-15 19:35:05

Thanks, I read conflicting things. I am taking agnus castus to ovulation to try and shorten my cycles so think I had better leave it there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now