Talk

Advanced search

Is this implantation?

(22 Posts)
artylady14 Fri 29-May-15 18:34:59

I got a temp dip at 7 dpo and my temp has gone up since. I'm 9 dpo and today I found slight colouring of blood on wiping and dark red blood when testing cm. My luteal phase is normally 14 days so am not sure what this blood is. Would I get this on the day of the dip if it were implantation? My fertility friend app said only 6% of women have spotting at 9dpo so probably just my period on its way early?

TandemFlux Fri 29-May-15 18:38:42

I spotted with each pregnancy about 9/10 dpo.

artylady14 Fri 29-May-15 18:53:53

Thank you for the reply. Fingers crossed then. I wondered if it was supposed to have the same day as the temperature dip.

Randomrandoms Fri 29-May-15 18:58:44

I think all my timings were similar to yours. I watched my cycles like a hawk as we ttc for long time

artylady14 Fri 29-May-15 19:13:12

Same here randomrandoms! Fx then

Pixa Fri 29-May-15 19:14:40

We are pretty much cycle buddies! Except my luteal phase is only 10 days. Fingers crossed for you.

artylady14 Fri 29-May-15 19:20:28

Fx for you too Pixa!

artylady14 Sat 30-May-15 18:37:42

I have had continuous abdominal cramps all day yesterday and today and the very light spotting has continued. Today my temperature dropped though. I really hope this isnt my period.

Oysterbabe Sat 30-May-15 19:30:18

TBH it sounds like too much blood to be implantation. Implantation bleeding isn't that common and is usually the tiniest smear of pink comprised of the lining that is dislodged by implantation. I don't want to be negative but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

artylady14 Sat 30-May-15 19:54:21

It is the tinies smear of blood when I wipe, looks pink. Nothing more. I am not getting my hopes up though. Went and bought some sanitary towels today, lol. smile

Orange6358 Sat 30-May-15 20:19:01

I had implantation bleeding with all of mine. Sometimes it was a few dots the size of a 10p/5p each day for a two or three days. Other times it was more a watery smear lasting a day or two.

artylady14 Sun 31-May-15 15:11:20

Thanks Orange6358. Today was the first time I had a few small dots on my pantyliner. I am in my third day of almost constant abdominal cramps and 11dpo. My temp shot up this morning but I got a bfn when I did FRER just in case. I don't like this spotting and cramping and find it a bit scary! The last time I had this was when I had a chemical pregnancy last year. I know that was right after AF date but I find it scary. Would rather get my period now than face that again.

artylady14 Mon 01-Jun-15 08:34:12

Well my them has dropped greatly this morning at 12 dpo so I'm out for this cycle and just waiting for my period. I don't normally have this spotting and cramping so will tell my dr about it. Good luck to those still waiting .smile

Orange6358 Mon 01-Jun-15 11:23:18

Cramping can be anything mind. I had it with every implantation/baby. The temp dip could be onset of period though I agree.

artylady14 Mon 01-Jun-15 18:06:11

Thanks Orange6358, I don't think it was a bit of implantation spotting then as my temperature went down so much today (still above coverline slightly but still) and that must mean AF is on the way at this stage. You cant have implantation and a period can you? I just had never had spotting before and that type of continuous cramping for days. A painful cycle, literally!

Orange6358 Tue 02-Jun-15 20:09:31

Some women do have periods throughout pregnancy but I don't think its that common to be honest.

Is this your second day of low temps by way?

tobytoes Tue 02-Jun-15 20:13:54

Just to give you a bit of hope. I had a full heavy period for 6 days then 3 more days of light watery brown blood which I thought was strange as I don't normally have watery brown blood at the end of my period. Did a test and it was positive. Strange but true. I'm now 17 weeks pregnant.

tobytoes Tue 02-Jun-15 20:15:11

Forgot to mention my period was actually on time aswell.

artylady14 Tue 02-Jun-15 20:30:36

Today my temp went up very slightly but it's still right just above the cover line. Not looking like a pregnancy chart. The spotting has pretty much gone today and I don't really have any cramps. Today is 13dpo and I did a superdrug hot in the afternoon which was completely negative, lol. I am 13 dpo now. Just want my period to come now. I wouldn't want to have a pregnancy that failed due to low hormones. I will tell my Dr about this spotting this cycle. It is weird to have a period when pregnant I agree!

tobytoes Thu 04-Jun-15 13:27:43

Any luck artylady?

artylady14 Fri 05-Jun-15 08:23:17

No luck. Today is my second day of heavy period and temp went down.

anxious1waiting Fri 05-Jun-15 09:29:09

Hi guys! Been ttc for about 5 months now and after coming off contraception my cycles have finally got to 27/28 days each month. This month i had my af as expected 18th may and next 1 is due around 15th June. ...I think I am about 4dpo now and for last 2 days I've been experiencing light bleeding...not at all like normal af and started off quite brown then proper reddy now (sorry for the info) has anyone else had this or know what it might be as I've never noticed any spotting around time of ovulation before this month and I'm a little worried :-/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now