Hello, tcc#1

(72 Posts)
Snowflake16 Fri 29-May-15 17:22:52

Hi everyone,
I'm new here but have been watching the posts for a few weeks now and thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm 30, married my DH 5 months ago but we've been together almost 12 years. TTC#1 cycle 1 cd 18
Last year I manged to loose over 3st in weight and now have a healthy bmi of 25. I go to the gym at least 3 times a week, DH has also joined and goes 1-2 a week. We have both given up caffeine and I'm taking the seven seas 'trying for a baby' multi vitamin.
Any extra advice on boosting our chances is very welcome.

Alice1983 Sat 30-May-15 15:55:53

Hello Snowflake, no advice and TTC myself, also 30 and TTC #1. Just wanted to say WELCOME grin flowers

chocfireguard Sat 30-May-15 19:07:47

Hello! Can I join you both?! Long time lurker, but newbie poster. Stats: I'm 27 and ttc#1. Af cycle 2 is due in 2 days, but i got impatient and tested this morning anyway. Needless to say, it was negative sad. Amazing work on losing 3 st, snowflake! I am taking folic acid, but that will be in your multivitamins. Also stopped drinking tea and diet drinks as I figured that chemical sweeteners probably aren't the healthiest, and I have restricted DH to 1 coffee a day. He must really love me!!

Snowflake16 Sun 31-May-15 20:44:10

Thanks for the welcomeAlice
Choc it seems like we're thinking the same when it comes to the diet,
It's nice to know I seem to be doing the right things. AF is due is 7 days and i can't wait to find out one way or another, it's only cycle 1 and I'm already getting impatient.

shannonb94x Sun 31-May-15 20:54:29

Hi can i join? Had a MC nearly 6 weeks ago & hoping to have conceived again just unsure on when to test. Had a line after recommended time friday & again this morning. I feel selfish being this impatient as i know what others go through, but damn the not knowing is killing me!!

shannonb94x Sun 31-May-15 20:54:48

My first pregnancy btw smile

Snowflake16 Sun 31-May-15 21:12:55

Hi Shannon and welcome, sorry hear about your MC. Hope everything works out for you.smile

shannonb94x Sun 31-May-15 21:18:17

Fx we will all have BFP very soon! Iv even ordered more tests offline, i think im a POAS addict (definitely am)! Anyone else like this? Or am i in a world of my own lol?

chocfireguard Sun 31-May-15 22:26:53

So sorry to hear, Shannon. Can't imagine what you have been through. PingOAS is fast becoming an obsession in the choc household! Decided not to be silly and test early in future though (see how long that lasts!). Good luck to us all!

Snowflake16 Mon 01-Jun-15 05:19:03

I haven't POAS stick yet but I know I will become a addict too, just bought some cheap ones of Amazon. Got a clear blue in the drawer just incase, to double check.

shannonb94x Mon 01-Jun-15 07:07:07

Iv got them being delivered wednesday, going to try & hold off until friday/saturday to use them, still no sign of AF!

chocfireguard Mon 01-Jun-15 19:12:02

Snowflake, love that you're saving the clear blue for a special occasion! Shannon, have you had af since mc?

shannonb94x Mon 01-Jun-15 19:25:51

no i still havent had af! its 6 weeks today since mc. I had sickness this morning too but still bfn (line after recommended time so counting it as a no) sad thinking about going to gp, for advice more than anything tbh?

Snowflake16 Mon 01-Jun-15 19:45:58

Choc, you never know how reliable the cheap ones are and I'd want to be 100% sure before getting DH hopes up. smile
Shannon, going to the gp sounds like a good idea.

chocfireguard Mon 01-Jun-15 20:03:53

With you on that, Snow! I agree, Shannon...gp, and maybe request blood test for hormone levels?

shannonb94x Mon 01-Jun-15 21:13:36

Think i will do that. Wondering if theres anybody i could ring to get advice over the phone as doctors can be tricky to get an appt with. I just either was a bfp or af to appear so we can ttc!

Alice1983 Mon 01-Jun-15 23:31:24

Shannon. You could get an Appointment at a Private Clinic for a Consultation. They can probably do a Scan and give you Private Prescription, etc if you don't have any luck at your Doctors. I don't know about anyone you can ring.

Snowflake16 Tue 02-Jun-15 15:35:56

You could try phoning the doctors and ask to speak to one over the phone if appointments are a problem.

chocfireguard Tue 02-Jun-15 17:21:07

Most surgeries offer telephone appointments with a gp at lunch or close of surgery?

shannonb94x Tue 02-Jun-15 20:08:30

So today my nausea has been really bad! Do u think i could try another test? Im so intrigued as to know whats going on!!

chocfireguard Tue 02-Jun-15 20:31:35

I think you could try another test if you wanted, but this must be playing havoc with your emotions. Personally, I really think a doctor is the way to go here. There is the 111 number if you wanted to talk to someone, but as they can't examine you, they would probably just advise you to go to a drop in centre. Hope the nausea isn't too bad flowers

chocfireguard Tue 02-Jun-15 20:36:10

I think you could try another test if you wanted, but this must be playing havoc with your emotions. Personally, I really think a doctor is the way to go here. There is the 111 number if you wanted to talk to someone, but as they can't examine you, they would probably just advise you to go to a drop in centre. Hope the nausea isn't too bad flowers

Snowflake16 Wed 03-Jun-15 18:04:57

So my cheap Amazon POAS came today. I'm on cd 24 and really tempted to use one today even though I'm sure it will come back negative. If I hold off I can live in hope for a few more days but I'm so impatient and the wait is killing me.

shannonb94x Wed 03-Jun-15 19:21:42

Your so patient if that was me snow i would of used it by now grin im proud of myself for not doing one today!! Had like milky discharge (sorry tmi) is that a sign af is on her way? sad

Snowflake16 Wed 03-Jun-15 19:40:35

I'm really not sure Shannon, have you been in contact with anybody for advice yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now