Talk

Advanced search

Fake positive or faint positive...

(10 Posts)
Harry1511 Fri 29-May-15 08:03:19

As the title says really. I'm clutching at straws so put me right!! I had cramping and very slight spitting yesterday on CD 23. Average cycle length is 27 days so was expecting AF on Monday but they are maybe here early.....

Liveinthepresent Fri 29-May-15 08:06:25

That's looking like a positive to me and makes sense it would be faint as you are testing early.
I often can't see these on my phone but yours is quite clear.
Tentative congratulations in order I think !

WishUponAStar88 Fri 29-May-15 08:10:00

If within the time limit that's positive - congratulations!

Harry1511 Fri 29-May-15 08:10:47

I took a digital clear blue last night (had urinated only an hour before) and it said not pregnant. I'll wait it out until Monday and re test.
Thank you so much.

Any spotting experiences in early pregnancy? I understand it's very common?

sebsmummy1 Fri 29-May-15 08:12:08

That looks positive to me grin

Clear blue digital is not sensitive enough they only work from day of period, I'm 16 weeks now and was getting faint lines for one week before but 'not preg' on clear blue digital until day of period. Try a test with pink dye, blue are notorious for leaving fake lines. Try a superdrug own brand or a first response pink box, they're the most sensitive. Good luck smile

But, it does look positive grin

Liveinthepresent Fri 29-May-15 08:25:32

If you are testing early it is common for clear blue digital to give a false negative apparently they are less sensitive ( especially as you weren't testing in the morning) - and need more HCG to bring up those magic words.
Check on the box.
You either need a more sensitive test like first response or wait.
Yes spotting very common.
Good luck!

Harry1511 Fri 29-May-15 08:34:05

Sore breasts (I'm a tiny 23B) and never have sore beasts with my period but cramping again so goodness knows! I'll try a pink due test tomorrow morning first thing if no AF. Thank you xx

PrimroseEverdeen Fri 29-May-15 09:22:00

I would get a pink dye test like superdrug or First response. The blue dye tests are less reliable and can give false positives. Also the digital ones often give glad ales negatives as they're not as sensitive I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now