Talk

Advanced search

How do you know when the time is right to ttc no 2?

(1 Post)
Roxie85 Mon 25-May-15 23:10:10

My dd is 17 months old and I love her to pieces.
I am a full time working mum with a husband who is a hard working teacher. Being a mum has been tougher than I thought and I often question if I'm doing ok/coping.
We both want a second at some point and I am already starting to think when can we start ttc but in the back of my mind I don't feel I am emotionally ready.
I have felt low recently and we have had periods of disagreements. I love my husband and he loves me but I don't want to add any unnecessary pressure to our relationship. We don't have much support from his family and live too far from mine (he won't move closer to mine and i understand why)
I worry that I couldn't cope with a second without my family's support as his are less willing to help.
I think the ttc hype has arrived as my sister has recently announced no 2 and it makes me want one. I would like to get the baby stages done so that once they are more grown up there is still time to make something of myself.
How will I know when we are ready? Am I over thinking it all?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now