We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Positive at 6dpo?! Is that even possible?

(16 Posts)
Juniper44 Fri 15-May-15 08:50:18

Hello all,

I did a frer test this morning, as well as a superdrug one last night, and both have a line. Faint, but still a line and it appeared before the 3 minutes were up.

I've been using the dual hormone Clear Blue tests so I know I had 'high fertility' from 4th-7th May, then 'peak' on 8th May. Assuming I then ovulated between 24 and 36 hours after that, that makes today 6dpo.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Fizbo Fri 15-May-15 09:05:52

I had a positive at 8 dpo, it was faint but definitely a positive. I then used a digital I think 2 days later to confirm for sure. That looks like a positive to me! Best of luck!

Tinykitchen Fri 15-May-15 09:11:03

Yeeessss. I had this, not sure if it will make you feel better to know I now have twins? shock

BarbieBrightSide Fri 15-May-15 09:22:39

Ditto Tinykitchen!

Tested a week before af was due and got a BFP with a middle of the day test. My twins are nearly 5.

Congrats on the BFP Juniper44!

Juniper44 Fri 15-May-15 10:46:53

shock twins? Eep. Dd will only be 2.3! Argh. Triple buggy??

I like the idea of twins, but the realities are very scary!

chasingtherainbow Fri 15-May-15 10:53:42

I reckon you've ovulated much earlier, that's such a strong line! or multiples

fuzzywuzzy Fri 15-May-15 10:55:50

I had this last month 6/7 DPO, I was shocked too.

Congratulations

fuzzywuzzy Fri 15-May-15 10:57:13

Sorry meant earlier this month doh

Juniper44 Fri 15-May-15 11:08:53

I'm pretty sure I didn't ovulate at all in April. No physical signs and I started using opk on day 12. Then, I had a weird bleed on day 24 (30th April) which was lighter than a period but didn't seem like implantation or ovulation bleeding.

Physical signs of ovulation kicked in on day 4 (!) and so I started doing opk again.

Based on my last 'normal' period, this would be day 41, but that doesn't explain the peaks last week or the bleed! And I've been using opk pretty much every day for the last month, so would have noticed a peak I think??

chasingtherainbow Fri 15-May-15 11:50:00

Wait 3/4 weeks. . Then call mw and say you don't know how far along you are- tell them you had light and unpredictable periods and they'll scan you pretty quick to date you. Just my advice ;)

ClareAbshire Fri 15-May-15 11:53:51

I had this too. My DD isn't a twin and never was grin

MelonMelon Fri 15-May-15 12:04:01

Hi Juniper. Your line looks exactly like my test from this morning! I 'think' I'm 2 days late but my cycles have been all over the place recently. I'm going to wait and test again on Sunday and hope for a darker line! Tentative congratulations for us both!

MelonMelon Fri 15-May-15 12:05:49

Actually yours is darker <jealous>

Juniper44 Mon 18-May-15 13:21:49

MelonMelon have you retested yet?

MelonMelon Mon 18-May-15 14:03:23

Yes lovely dark line now smile

You?

Juniper44 Mon 18-May-15 14:18:17

Goodo.

Yeah, I did a CB and it says 1-2 weeks, so I reckon that bleed was ovulation.

Saw my GP this morning and she's booked me for a scan next week as they wont refer me to the midwives until my dates are clearer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now