Talk

Advanced search

Getting dates right for Clomid

(4 Posts)
ginghambingham Mon 04-May-15 11:20:15

Hi there,

I've just been prescribed Clomid, and don't really know when day 1 of my period is.

My periods have been a little wonky for the past year or so. It's not exactly that I'm irregular - more that I start bleeding a little bit off and on before the full shebang starts.

The off and on bleeding isn't spotting (or I don't think it is - I understand spotting to be a tiny stain and such a small amount of blood that you wouldn't need any protection.) My little bit of bleeding has clots, but is slightly less than 5ml each time. (I'm using a menstrual cup, so it's easy to see how much - sorry to be so graphic.)

Anyway, I have this off and on for a few days and then, wallop, the main event starts. Heavy bleeding for a couple of days, and then it all stops.

I'm in my mid 40s, so was told this is all normal perimenopausal stuff.

The doc told me that day one of my period is when the heavy bleeding starts. Which could be correct. However, I'm using a CB fertility monitor, and that puts my peak LH days always around days 9-11.

But day 1 of my period was the day I have a little bleed, rather than a big one, that would make ovulation on days 13-15.

I'm just scared of messing up the chance to use Clomid by using it on the wrong day.

Any help would be massively appreciated smile

Vap0 Mon 04-May-15 11:27:47

Can you give your doctor a call back and explain your cycle to them and ask what they suggest?
Good luck with your clomid flowers

ginghambingham Mon 04-May-15 19:45:10

Thanks Vap0 - I did explain to my doctor, but she said go with the first day of major bleeding.

Think I'm just getting a bit flustered in case I get it wrong.

Vap0 Mon 04-May-15 20:22:57

Well I wouldn't worry too much. Give them a call and ask them again. Or just go with what you think. I understand clomid is used for 5 days. Some doctors say to take it days 2-6 but others say 5-9. Which cycle days did they suggest you took it for? I suppose this gives you some lea way.
I'm due to get some next Monday grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now