Do soya isoflavones affect opk/cbfm tests?

(17 Posts)
artylady14 Mon 23-Mar-15 11:17:24

I am on CD17 and still got a low on my cbfm. I have given up taking my temp for a while as I found it stressful while ttc so just relying on the cbfm until I get highs and then was going to use opks too. I took soy isoflavones on day 1-5 to bring my ovulation forward as I usually ovulate on CD22 after about 7-10days of cbfm high. Could soy have affected my monitor results? I really am scared to try this cycle if I ovulate so late? Could I miscarry? I had a chemical pregnancy on a cycle where I ovulated extremely late on CD 30. I am sick of having too put off ttc certain months...I am 39 years old and time is not on my side sad

artylady14 Mon 23-Mar-15 22:19:33

Anyone?

artylady14 Fri 27-Mar-15 08:48:02

One last try, promise . Has any one experienced this please?

auroraboringalis Fri 27-Mar-15 15:43:40

Sorry arty no idea. I'm planning to take si next cycle if no luck this one to help sort out my cycles post partum.

Tinkfromlovejoy Fri 27-Mar-15 15:55:03

I tried soy one cycle and used CB Digital OPK's. I did not get any flashing smilies in the build up to ovulation, but I did get my solid peak day.
I've never used a cbfm, but have heard a lot of people moan about them and their apparent unreliability.

Do you have a consistent Luteal Phase of over 10 days? Your ovulation day can change as much as it likes as long as you have a 10 day+ LP (this stays constant). Suffering a CP isn't really down to ovulating late, as your LP should always be the same length. Sorry you had to go through that.

Tinkfromlovejoy Fri 27-Mar-15 15:56:37

Sorry if the above doesn't make much sense - let me know if you want me to try again, suffering a bit of Friday Brain there..

artylady14 Sat 28-Mar-15 09:51:00

Thank you both for replying. I was told that the uterus starts to shed its lining later on and so it leads to many more failed pregnancies?. My luteal phase is usually more than ten days, yes. It's cd22 and my cbfm still says low but I check my cm and it's not fertile either even though I'm drinking green tea, grapefruit juice and robitussin. I dare not try this cycle now as its getting so long. I'm having acupuncture to try to shorten my cycles again and hope next cycle will be better!

Tollygunge Tue 05-May-15 18:27:52

Hi arty lady! How did this work out?! Did you ever get high/peak on cbfm? Exact same thing happening to me!!! Took soy days 3-7 and now I'm cd14 in high or anything! I must be the only person it actually makes ovulate later!!!!!

Tollygunge Tue 05-May-15 18:30:23

And now I'm panicking I've totally effed myself up. ��

Tollygunge Tue 05-May-15 18:30:46

Should say cd14 no high

Tollygunge Tue 05-May-15 19:05:25

Anyone?

Tollygunge Tue 05-May-15 21:16:53

Please?

ThinkAboutItTomorrow Tue 05-May-15 21:22:08

I had the same experience as the other poster, no pre-peak flashes but a big solid peak smile.
I'm now 13 weeks pregnant so would say just keep trying.

Tollygunge Wed 06-May-15 06:26:43

Thanks, still low here. Can't help but think I've done some kind of damage to myself sad

Tollygunge Wed 06-May-15 07:26:07

I'm never going to get up the duff am I? sad

ThinkAboutItTomorrow Wed 06-May-15 07:38:57

How long have you been trying? I doubt soy would do damage, certainly not beyond one cycle. But go to the GP if it's worrying you. They can check you out and maybe look at the medical option rather than herbal route. Good luck.

KittyVonCatsington Wed 06-May-15 09:57:06

Tolly-firstly-don't worry-you haven't screwed up your body. Your cycle will go back to how it was next cycle if you stop taking Soy. No harm done.

However, can I ask why you decided to take Soy Isoflavones in the first place-that might help determine what is happening right now. Also, what dosage did you take, etc?

Soy Isos are for if you struggle to produce enough oestrogen at the start of your cycle-is that the case with you (you will have found this out through BBT temping)

Secondly, I never got on well with the ClearBlue opk sticks-mainly because they tell you to test with FMU and that never worked for me. Testing in the early afternoon with CB sticks or later on, the Internet cheapies which I preferred was what worked for me.

Unless you are BBT temping, it will be hard to tell if or you have ovulated already.

Keep DTD eod in case.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now