Advanced search

(3 Posts)
RunkyJam Fri 13-Feb-15 17:15:00

Just looking for advice from others.

I have had 2 surgeries in the past 4 years (laperoscapy and ablation) to treat extremely painful endometriosis, which has left me pain free for 2 years, however, for the last month it has returned and it's not a whole lot of fun.

I've seen 3 doctors (2x GP and 1 emergency gyny) in the past month; all have told me to try to conceive as it's not or never (I'm nearly 29). They do not want to do a 3rd surgery as it's very high risk at leaving me unable to conceive.

Anyone experienced anything like this? Any advice / support would be hugely appreciated.

I'm still taking yasmin (tri-cycle to reduce bleeding) but considering TTC later on this year after travelling. Very worried about coming off the pill and potential agony...

Thanks in advance!

sizethree Sat 14-Feb-15 09:19:59

Hi runky. So sorry you're having such a horrible time.
I was diagnosed with endometriosis late last year and it really is a horrible condition.
Mine started to flare up after a miscarriage in November 2013, and took a full year for diagnosis. In between I had another two pregnancies which sadly failed, but the endov cleared up completely during the pregnancies which was a welcome relief.
Endo has absolutely no link to miscarriage as you'll know, I'm just very very unlucky and undergoing investigations for recurrent MC.
I've also been advised to have surgery, but I've declined it as I am 35 and have suffered three miscarriages, do need every month to be a trying to conceive month.
Your gynae seems a bit inappropriate to be saying it's now or never, as 29 is really not old to be starting a family. My docs aren't concerned and I have 6 years on you!
TTC can be a long and stressful journey and definitely not something you should panic about or rush into. So take the time to think long and hard about what is right for you, and don't be swayed by a blunt doctor.

honeysucklejasmine Sat 14-Feb-15 09:25:58

Hi OP. I had a similar situation. After surgery (which did not reduce pain) my options were:
1. Begin to investigate the bowel, possible illeostomy.
2. Get pregnant and maybe it'll clear up.
3. Put up and shut up.

We planned on having children anyway, so are currently working on option 2. I'm 28, been with my DH for almost 2 years, married less than one. We'd have liked to have waited, but neither of us enjoy me spending 25% of my life in pain. Needs must!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now