Talk

Advanced search

Early signs

(4 Posts)
Lilymog Wed 11-Feb-15 07:26:06

So everyone, what are the early signs of pregnancy to look out for and how early is early.
I am 42 and had a MMC on Christmas eve, I bled for 17 days, had no bleeding for just 10 days with no sign of ovulation and then a slightly strange and very painful AF.
Was testing almost every day since with the CB ovulation digital sticks (expensive) and had a positive smiley face last Friday on CD 17.
DTD obvs, and now even though I have another 9 days to my predicted AF I am wondering.
So what should I look out for and am I just overthinking this a little? Xx

jellypi3 Wed 11-Feb-15 08:47:58

Honestly, there's no real signs to look out for. After you ovulate, your progesterone levels rise to prepare your uterus for implantation. The side effects of progesterone are often sore, swollen boobs, nausea, insomnia, hot flushes and many other that mimic the signs of early pregnancy.

You won't start getting any real pregnancy symptoms until you are about 6 weeks pregnant, by which time you will have found out by a test hopefully.

Some people do say they have morning sickness, cramps etc very early on, and it could vary from person to person, but in general if you are looking for symptoms then you will probably find them!

You may however get symptoms of implantation, which occurs around 8-10DPO. Some women get implantation bleeding, others get cramps, but again these can all be symptoms of coming AF due to the progesterone levels falling (which causes AF to start). So really it's just a waiting game until you are able to test at 14DPO smile

Good luck!

Lilymog Wed 11-Feb-15 10:27:43

Thank you Jelly
You are right I am probably lookong too hard and too early!
By the way what is DPO? Is that's days past ovulation.

jellypi3 Wed 11-Feb-15 10:57:08

Yes sorry, days past ovulation smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: