Talk

Advanced search

thoughts of a 3rd baby

(1 Post)
judesmummyx Tue 10-Feb-15 21:53:50

Hey
I don't even know if I'm in the right place but here goes....

Recently I've been thinking about having another child. I already have 2 gorgeous kids (a 5 year old son, and a 3 year old daughter.) I fell pregnant exactly a year to the day of my sons birthday. Overall my pregnancy was better than my sons but I have never had an enjoyable experience being pregnant. I know things could have been a lot worse, but to me, I didn't enjoy it. First pregnancy I suffered with high blood pressure very early on which did end up as preeclampsia. Second pregnancy I was told I had miscarried, which was misdiagnosed, I had horrendous spd, problems with her movements, horrendous heartburn and a toddler to run about after.

When I was taken into hospital to be started off with her, I was already in labour but was told I wasn't as it wasn't showing up on the ctg. wasn't allowed pain relief, wasn't even examined until I had been on the ward for 10 hours when they went to induce me (ward was busy) - when the discovered I was actually in established labour I still had to wait a further 7 hours to get onto labour ward- she was back to back, both of us getting stressed, she was born in the nick of time after 48 hours. She was born blue, not breathing and cold. She was rushed away to be resuscitated and was taken onto the neonatal unit. I'm very fortunate for her still to be here.

After everything that happened I swore I would never have another child in fear of the worst happening. But 3.5 years later, I've changed my mind, and I'm longing for another child. I think the fear is all in my head and won't be taken seriously by professionals if I do fall pregnant. If they did, is there anything they can do to help? Has anyone ever been in this position before? What would you do?

Thanks in advance

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: