Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Another coming off the pill thread.....

(6 Posts)
Blueblink Tue 10-Feb-15 14:11:14

I've been reading lots of "coming off the pill" threads and to paraphrase U2 I still haven't found what i'm looking for!
I stopped taking the pill mid January, had my withdrawal bleed the following week. the week after that I was a bit emotional + teary. the next week I turned into a crazed banshee and at the weekend I started bleeding again. From what I've read most woman are waiting around for periods and cycles to come back for a few months so I was really surprised when AF rocked up again! Has anyone else experienced this? I'm hoping it means my system is "rebooting" and i'll start ovulating this month!
Anyone else had anything similar?

Choccywoccydodah Tue 10-Feb-15 21:51:30

When I came off the pill, I went back to normal straight away.
I would get some ov tests and start them from cd8 to track ov smile

adora1985 Tue 10-Feb-15 22:07:01

Some women can go straights ack not a normal cycle pattern, not everyone has irregularity, so it sounds like you're one of the lucky ones. Get some OPKs to keep track of if you ov or not and take it from there.

Blueblink Wed 11-Feb-15 14:39:13

Well looks like its time for the fun to commence!
Thanks for your replies ladies smile

Bumpingalong84 Wed 11-Feb-15 14:48:12

I came off on the 13th dec, had what I though was AF on the 12th of jan, this lasted two weeks! A mixture of both (sorry tmi) brown blood and then red blood, I've done opk on and off and haven't had any positives so far, not much change in CM either! Waiting for next AF to show her face, either this week or next as wasn't sure when to count from! I'd start using opk straight after AF stops if I was you.

Anyways, fingers crossed for you smile and everyone..

HubertCumberdale Wed 11-Feb-15 14:50:37

I was right back to normal straight away. No crazy hormones or anything. AF was normal if a bit more painful than usual.
It's all good!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: