Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

One thing after another... :(

(3 Posts)
liltoni83 Mon 09-Feb-15 09:36:29

Hi

So i have been trying to conceive for a while now and haven't had much success. I have had my bloods taken and my ovulation levels tested and they came back at 62 (which im told is high) the problem is this. I received a letter on Friday telling me that my smear results were abnormal and i have High Grade Dyskaryosis. I am due to attend a colposcopy appointment this week but from my research i have read that if this is the case some treatment can take up to 8 weeks. Does this mean i have to literally write off the next 2 months to continue to try and conceive? I feel like im literally hitting a brick wall and finding no light at the end of the tunnel.

Rant over... be good to hear from any other ladies who have been in simialr situations.

heyarnold19 Mon 09-Feb-15 10:09:24

Hi liltoni, thought I'd reply as I had high grade dyskaryosis about a year ago. I found out just as my husband and I had decided to start ttc. I attended my colposcopy and then had to go back around 4 weeks later for Lletz treatment. Following that treatment it took about a month to recover (and you are advised not to have sex for 3 weeks to avoid infection)

Although I ended up having two appointments, I did hear that they often do the treatment there and then, depending on the severity of it. I also remember asking a male doctor at my first appointment how long I would have to wait to ttc and he said 6 months (after the check up smear test) which was obviously devastating but was then told by the female nurse at my next appointment that this was not true and it was as soon as I had healed! Unfortunately we are still ttc nearly a year on but I am glad that they removed all the cells so I dont have to worry about it developing into anything more serious.

Really sorry to hear that you are going through this, I can really sympathise as when you are ttc 8 weeks feels like forever. But if you don't have the treatment that they recommend and then fell pregnant then you might end up worrying about it all through your pregnancy.

I hope your colposcopy appointment goes well this week x

liltoni83 Mon 16-Feb-15 14:50:17

Hi heyarnold19

thank you for replying, had my colposcopy on Thursday, all seemed to go ok, doctor said it didn't seem as bad as they might have first thought which i guess is good news. I did inform them i was trying to conceive and they told me to wait 3 weeks before i begin to have sex again (going to feel like a life time) Lets just hope now this is out of the way we can get back to it...

thank you for replying x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: