Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

There's a line, THERE'S A LINE!

(8 Posts)
DropYourSword Sun 08-Feb-15 13:37:00

Have been TTC since May. Lots of peeing on sticks. But never a line before. I'm so so excited, even though it's faint. I didn't realise until I read on mumsnet that a line is a line even if it's faint. I always thought it had to be the same colour.

To my utter shame; I was a midwife in the UK prior to emigrating, and I didn't know this. Although in fairness we never had to use tests. blush

I just had to tell someone. Wouldn't tell anyone IRL this early on apart from DH. I thought he might be a little more excited, but he just looked confused and bemused. Although I did wake him up (totally different time zone).

Nolim Sun 08-Feb-15 13:39:41

flowers

Didyeaye Sun 08-Feb-15 14:55:09

Congratulations!! flowers

Skiptonlass Sun 08-Feb-15 19:15:46

Congratulations to you! I peed on so many sticks, the first tiny positive squinted was an an amazing feeling

SergeantJarhead Sun 08-Feb-15 19:33:34

Congrats! Many many congrats, what a brilliant feeling when even a tiny line appears grin I've peed on 13 sticks so far. It's starting to grate hehe.

DropYourSword Mon 09-Feb-15 06:53:33

...it's gone. How could it have gone?? Retested again today hoping for a darker line and there's nothing.

I just...I'm gutted. This is the worst feeling. I try not to get my hopes up each month when I'm testing, but when there's a line I thought you could allow yourself a bit more excitement. And it's all come crashing down.

Ihavealwaysbeenastorm Mon 09-Feb-15 07:10:56

I always got a stronger line with the first pee of the day, try that?did you use a different test today, possibly hasn't picked it up yet?

DropYourSword Mon 09-Feb-15 07:14:16

Same test with same sensitivity. Definitely gave it enough time -and I keep going back and checking anyway.

sad

Having a stressful day and dealing with the worlds most useless conveyancer. Gonna have an emotional little cry.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: