Talk

Advanced search

ttc advice appreciated please

(5 Posts)
ttcbabynumber2 Sun 08-Feb-15 12:05:32

Hi everyone,

I am a first time poster and just joined mumsnet so I apologise if this is a repeat question.

My husband and I have a beautiful baby girl just turned 1 and we would love to conceive baby number 2. This is our second month trying but I'm a bit sad as I think I may have missed the boat.

My cycles are very irregular, last month was 37 days but the one before was 28 days although they do tend to be a bit longer.

I am currently on cd16 and showed signs of ovulating 2 days ago which was a bit of a surprise as I seem to have lost track of time this month, didn't realise I was at that stage alread! That night my husband and I had sex but (sorry if too much information) he pulled out for some more foreplay and we got carried away so he ended up cumming on my hand instead. He reinserted straight after but I'm not sure if this is effective or if sperm can survive outside the body?

The morning after I had a bit of spotting which has never happened to me before mid cycle. Not sure if this was ovulation bleeding or if this is even relevant. We then had sex again last night and this time he came inside me but my question is, if indeed this was ovulation bleeding and I ovulated the day before, could I still get pregnant? My cm has dried up a lot over the last 12 hours or so.

We took a few months to conceive my wee girl and I promised myself I wouldn't get caught up in analysing everything this time, that I would try to be more laid back but it's easier said than done!

Any advice or similar experiences, please?

Thank you in advance!

ttcbabynumber2 Sun 08-Feb-15 22:48:29

Bump

Please smile

MagpieCursedTea Sun 08-Feb-15 22:57:42

It can take a while for cycles to get back to normal after having a baby, especially if you're breastfeeding.
Typically an egg lives for around 12 hours after ovulation, and I think it can be difficult to pinpoint exactly when it's realised. So it's hard to say, but I wouldn't discount yourself just yet!
It took us 16 months to conceive DS, so we're also trying a more relaxed approach this time, but I know what you mean about how tempting it is to obsess.

ttcbabynumber2 Mon 09-Feb-15 21:13:02

Thanks for the reply, MagpieCursedTea!

It's difficult not to obsess, you are right. After years on the pill trying not to get pregnant I definitely took it all for granted. As you say, hard to pinpoint. Do you mind me asking how long it took your cycles to regulate after DS? I stopped breast feeding when my wee one was 6 months so about 7 months ago now.

Anyway, my fingers are crossed for us both, hope the wait isn't too long!

MagpieCursedTea Mon 09-Feb-15 21:54:03

I'm breastfeeding and my cycles still vary from 21-30 days, but that's more regular than they were after coming off birth control to have him!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: