Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

TMI orgasm question

(9 Posts)
helensburgh Fri 06-Feb-15 17:26:49

So obviously for men it's essential while trying to,conceive but what about woman?

sizethree Fri 06-Feb-15 19:47:58

Hi. Without being too blunt and I definitely don't mean to be patronising but the answer is a resounding no. As pregnancies can occur from non consensual sex.

helensburgh Fri 06-Feb-15 20:16:48

Yes, sorry think I will change my post( Friday night, end of a tough week brain) I mean if a woman orgasms does it increase chance of conceiving,

Sorry for confusion,

Sapat Fri 06-Feb-15 20:19:11

I was told it did help. Not essential, but helpful.

Boltonlass1972 Fri 06-Feb-15 20:23:32

Agree, not essential. If you are ttc I'm told staying lying down with your bum propped up on pillows helps keep the swimmers in the right arena.. Orgasm causes contractions in the vaginal walls which may help semen be drawn up but it pretty much will be shot in the right direction!

sizethree Fri 06-Feb-15 20:26:36

I would think scientifically it's probable because of the increased lubrication associated with orgasm, helping the sperm swim on up. That's what the pre-seed and conceive plus lube help with.
So yes, my limited knowledge summises that orgasms highly recommended for conceiving. The more the merrier! But multiple orgasms won't mean twins! blush

helensburgh Fri 06-Feb-15 20:29:10

Thanks

Ha ha size three tat made me laugh

Haggisfish Fri 06-Feb-15 20:29:23

Yes-during orgasm the tip of the cervix dips in and out if the pool of seamen in the vahina (there's a video from a Desmond Morris programme of it I think)!

CarbeDiem Fri 06-Feb-15 20:32:01

I've tried orgasm after Dh has done his bit - it's supposed to help it get up there smile Still not pregnant so don't know how successful it is.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: