Advanced search

Am I Pregnant?

(5 Posts)
stacym86 Wed 04-Feb-15 15:09:53

Hi there. I'm writing this in the hope someone out there may have experienced the same things I have been and possibly shed some light on what's going on. Basically me and my BF have been together for 5 months (we're 28) and we haven't exactly been careful in the bedroom department! We had unprotected sex on the 8th and 16th January and my period was due on 25th January. Just before AF arrived I had a little thought in the back of my mind as to whether I was pregnant. However AF arrived just on time and was a normal period which ended on 28th January. We then had sex again on 29th January.

However on Saturday 31st and on 3rd February I've been waking up experiencing sore boobs in the morning. I've only ever experienced this the last time I was pregnant. I've been a little more emotional than normal but that could be down to work and some other things, and I've broken out in spots on my face which is unusual! So last night I took a test to be sure and it came back as a very faint positive which gradually become a little darker. It was a freedom for life one from wilkinson so not an expensive one. I then took a CB digital which came back "not pregnant" which was confusing however I have read a few posts whereby people have said these are less sensitive?! I decided to take the other Freedom one and digital this morning using my FMU and both came back negative?! I've taken another this afternoon which was a superdrugs own and again negative... since last night I've been experiencing cramping in my lower abdomen and back and legs much like period cramps and I've been having a lot of creamy white discharge (pardon for the discharge note) as well as just feeling tired and cranky!!

I'm now completely confused as to whether I am or I was or if I had a false positive or if all the negatives where in fact tight or wrong and I'm too early. Not to mention my period only ending 7 days ago?

I'd greatly appreciate someone's response and possible answers?

Many thanks. Stacy.

jellypi3 Wed 04-Feb-15 15:40:00

Hi Stacy. False positives are extremely rare with pregnancy tests these days. It could be that you took the test wrong, but to be honest, how many people get pissing on a stick wrong?

The thing that comes to mind is that you may have suffered a chemical pregnancy, whereby you were pregnant (albeit very very very early) but your body terminated the pregnancy because of a defect with the egg. It's very common, and it's a cause for concern regarding fertility etc.

Alternatively you may still be pregnant, but your tests aren't sensitive enough (although this wouldn't explain the random BFP). First Repose Early Result tests are normally the best tests to use (always use first morning urine). It might be worth testing again tomorrow just to be sure.

jellypi3 Wed 04-Feb-15 15:40:39

Mean't to say it's NOT a cause for concern regarding fertility, sorry if that worried you!!

stacym86 Wed 04-Feb-15 16:18:54

Hi, thanks for your quick response. Yes I agree with what you have said and have in fact read these possibilities on other forums.

What's confusing me is that even as I type i'm experiencing dull ache cramps down below and my boobs are sensitive and tingly and a bit sore. This has been happening since Saturday just gone. And I've had a lot of this creamy white discharge today especially. I feel quite bloated too which isn't normal for me since I've recently lost over 2 stone and watch what I eat etc.

I think i'm going to head to my drs tomorrow and maybe retest on Friday with a FR test.

BabyBumpHopeful Wed 04-Feb-15 20:51:33

FWIW OP I had extremely sensitive nipples and turned out not to be pregnant. Can't say I've ever experienced anything of the kid and was quite excited (as we're actually TTC).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now