Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

False positive with IC?

(19 Posts)
HettyB Tue 03-Feb-15 07:18:53

I never thought I'd be posting this...

I've been having period pain for a few days, have zero pregnancy symptoms and we've only done it once this month. This morning I took a IC HPT, solely for the purpose of bringing on my period (my periods can vary by a few days but a sure fire way to bring it on is by POAS) and I got this.

I'm veering toward it being a false positive (after reading online about people having them with ICs) or a CP or something as I feel really periody, but I wondered what you ladies thought?

MooleyWooleyShamaLamaDingDong Tue 03-Feb-15 07:23:33

Hetty I would say CONGRATS that's a really strong positive!! You can get very crampy in the early days/weeks of pregnancy as your uterus expands to make room for the baba!! As long as there is no bleeding I'd say you are pregnant (although bleeding isn't always a negative either and can be common in the early days too)!! I had lots of cramping with my first pregnancy so it's a good sign!! ��

HettyB Tue 03-Feb-15 07:27:15

I'm sort of freaking out here as after a very brief spell of trying last year we decided to just not try but not...prevent so it's a bit of a shock if it is positive...

I think I'll lay off the wine and caffeine and test with a FRER if my period doesn't turn up by the weekend.

I don't feel pregnant. I just feel like my period is around the corner.

PoppySausage Tue 03-Feb-15 07:33:04

I would also say congratulations!

bessie84 Tue 03-Feb-15 07:51:48

definately pregnant, thats no false positive, thats so strong. congratulations x

Number3cometome Tue 03-Feb-15 10:14:37

Do the FRER today!

HettyB Tue 03-Feb-15 19:01:11

I'm still not allowing myself to believe it's true, but I'll do another test with my first wee tomorrow!

Thanks for all your congratulations - I hope it is a real positive now, I've been totally ineffective at work all day just daydreaming about babies!

SergeantJarhead Tue 03-Feb-15 19:13:43

Wow, that is one impressive pee stick. Many hearty congratulations Op xx

Rikalaily Tue 03-Feb-15 21:07:52

That's a definite positive, congratulations!

I had a CP in Nov right before I got pregnant with current baby, the line never got even close to that dark... It took a few days of testing to get a line that dark with current baby too. I think if you did a First response tomorrow you would get a very dark line.

Marmite27 Tue 03-Feb-15 22:19:20

I said the same to my DH - if I hadn't had a positive test I'd expect my period any time.

Congratulations!

HettyB Wed 04-Feb-15 06:59:18

Thanks everyone. I took another IC this morning which was fainter than yesterday, and did a FRER - the positive line came up before the control!

I guess this means I'm pregnant...

sebsmummy1 Wed 04-Feb-15 07:08:13

Aaaah congratulations xxxx

Number3cometome Wed 04-Feb-15 08:46:45

Wow lovely strong line!!

Choccywoccydodah Wed 04-Feb-15 08:52:42

Congratulations, you are definitely pregnant! Oh what is do for a good strong line like that!!

BabyBumpHopeful Wed 04-Feb-15 21:30:20

VERY pregnant! Congratulations!! smile

I'd do a CB just to see those weeks because I'd bet you're probably 2-3 by the looks of that line!

HettyB Thu 05-Feb-15 07:42:17

Thanks so much for all your support, ladies! I did a CB digital this morning and saw 'pregnant' so I can stop convincing myself that those lines aren't real! I'm going to do one of the weeks ones at the weekend - I should be about 5 weeks then so I guess it'll say 2-3 or 3-4?

I told DP last night too - we weren't actively trying so I was expecting him to be a bit freaked out but he's been nothing but lovely. I should have more faith in him!

Choccywoccydodah Thu 05-Feb-15 09:25:10

The cb digis go from conception rather than your af so it'll say 2 weeks less than your actual date if that makes sense??
How exciting!! smile

HettyB Thu 05-Feb-15 09:35:12

Yep, that makes sense. I think Saturday I'll be 5+1 so I guess it'll say 2-3ish?

Rikalaily Sat 07-Feb-15 10:05:46

I got a 3+ the day I turned 5w but I didn't expect it, a 2-3 or a 3+ can be expected that stage

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: