Advanced search

Two week wait

(8 Posts)
Trickytricky Sat 31-Jan-15 00:46:13

Should I really be avoiding alcohol etc during this time?

RhiannonElward Sat 31-Jan-15 02:01:47

Well it's up to you, I would advise against benders but perhaps complete abstention isn't necessary. You might be upduffed, and that is worth some consideration but drinking in moderation is probably alright. Now of course, I'm no medical expert, this is just my personal view. I don't drink anyway so that's a non-issue for me, but rare steak and caffeine are my equivalents and I am avoiding them with varying degrees of success.

Are you in your TWW at the moment? I'm almost at testing/af time and coming to the end of it, it hasn't been much fun.

eumice542 Sat 31-Jan-15 07:02:22

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BuggerLumpsAnnoyed Sat 31-Jan-15 15:30:35

Im still having the odd glass of wine till i get my bfp. 9 months is a long dry time and ttc to take a long time! Ive only been trying for a month and if i dont get results soon i will cut it out to help fertility

Trickytricky Sat 31-Jan-15 20:33:05

Rhiannon - yeah I'm in my TWW now. AF due 3rd Feb. Went out for a friends birthday last night. Not a massive night but a few glasses of wine and a G&T. Hopefully that'll be ok. Apart from that only having the odd glass of wine. Came off pill in Sept but only really TTC this cycle. Finding it hard to DTD every other day for the whole month! If no BFP this month will have to increase efforts. Good luck to you.

Trickytricky Tue 03-Feb-15 22:24:12

Got my BFP this evening! Feeling a little overwhelmed and like I don't know anything... Aside from booking an appointment with the GP what should I do?

SergeantJarhead Tue 03-Feb-15 22:36:33

Take folic acid and prenatal vitamins, take good care of yourself, read up on the do's and don't's during pregnancy section of this website but mostly just go nuts and hug yourself, congrats! x

Trickytricky Tue 03-Feb-15 23:13:44

Thanks Sergeant! I have the conception multivitamins so will go to shops tmrw and buy the pregnancy ones. I will also do lots of research tmrw. Thanks! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now