Advanced search

ttc for over a year help please

(5 Posts)
Kittycat1991 Fri 30-Jan-15 01:44:24

so me and my boyfriend have been ttc for over a year, we have come close and nothing seems to be happening, I'm going to book us in to see the doctors next week so both of us can have a talk to the doctor , the last time I went he said he can't do anything untill its been a year, I stopped taking the pill November 2014 and still nothing, I feel like I'm broken :/ like its my fault but its so hard, I don't know how to think or what to think, has anyone been in this situation before sad??????

thank you

upset kittycat xx

sizethree Sat 31-Jan-15 11:53:55

Hi kittycat1991. By your name it looks as though time is very much on your side if you are 23/24. So breathe a sigh of relief at that.
It can take aaaaages to fall pregnant and the waiting is awful. As a general rule, 6 months is about average, but as you're Young your doctor will probably or be as concerned at the time it's taking, as he would be with someone in their late 30s (as there's less time to lose).
Have you tried ovulation tests to pin point your most fertile days? It's an incredibly small window of opportunity each month to conceive, so if you track your ovulation you have the best chance.
Very much hope you get your BFP very soon.

Kittycat1991 Sat 31-Jan-15 15:55:52

hello yes I have taken overlation tests and I keep it logged on a calendar, so I know when I'm at my high fertility, I think I'm only stressing because my mom went through the change when she was in her late 20s and the doctors told me that it can run in family's, I'm just worried I will not get chance, I have has a mc before and I went to the doctors but they said I need to wait for my body to go back to normal then I can try again and that was about 6 months ago x

sizethree Sat 31-Jan-15 21:17:13

I'm sorry to hear that your mum had an early menopause. I'd hope that your doctor would take your concerns a bit more seriously with your family history. I think you should try to stamp your feet a bit and go back for some tests. They can check if you're ovulating regularly and also do a test on your partners sperm.
Although a miscarriage is terribly sad (I've suffered three myself) it is positive that you can conceive, as that is often the biggest hurdle to overcome.
There is no reason to wait to try to conceive again after miscarriage. Aparently you can be a bit more fertile after a miscarriage as your body is already prepared for pregnancy. So hopefully your BFP is just around the corner.
But please do chase your doctor up though. You deserve better care than what you've been given so far. X

TheBiscuitStrikesBack Sun 01-Feb-15 18:36:55

I don't have anything really helpful to say but wanted to tell you to not give up hoping. I've been trying for well over a year to conceive number 2, I gave up on the chance of natural conception and just got a BFP.

Speak to the doctors to get the ball rolling but keep positive! Good luck to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now