Advanced search

Faintest of faint lines

(27 Posts)
Allstoppedup Mon 26-Jan-15 09:23:17

Woke up feeling really nauseated, I've had bouts on and off for about a week but all POAS results have been negative.

I have PCOS and we are trying for DC2 but I don't have periods or any obvious signs of ovulation so not holding out much hope for any time soon.

I did a test this morning with a cheapy and I swear after 3 mins I could see a slight difference in colour exactly where the line should be. I've taken a pic next to a (failed) opk to show how they line up. I did another test with the same wee and was sure I could see the same slight discolouration.

To be honest, I could see it on my phone but now im looking at the bigger image I cant see it unless I look t the screen from an odd angle! I know its probably just my eyes playing tricks on me and i need a short sharp reality slap before I go to waste money on a digi! blush

Boysclothes Mon 26-Jan-15 09:24:52

Yup. Can see something.

FRER time. Not a digi yet.

Metalhead Mon 26-Jan-15 09:26:44

I'm afraid I can't see anything, especially if you block out the ov test line above. I think sometimes if you know where the line should be you can convince yourself something's there if you just stare at it long enough! (Have done that plenty of times myself..)

loudarts Mon 26-Jan-15 09:26:45

I can see a line on the top one, and a fainter line on the bottom one

Allstoppedup Mon 26-Jan-15 09:53:05

Ahh, part of me was hoping you would all tell me I am nuts! Will pick up an early response but try not to get my hopes up!

metal I do feel part of me wants to see it so much lines may have burnt their way into onto my actual retina! grin

allchatnicknamesgone Mon 26-Jan-15 11:48:44

i can see line on top and even fainter one below. good luck

Allstoppedup Mon 26-Jan-15 12:36:43

Ok, I know I should have waited for FMU but I bought a FRER test and waited 4 hours to pee and just did the test again...

What do you think? It's faint but it looks pinker than in the photo. I'm literally shaking and really trying not to get too excited and failing miserably.

I've literally only just read up about indent lines being common on FR so worried it might be one of them. sad

I have another one for the morning so have to be patient now!

GoldfishSpy Mon 26-Jan-15 12:38:18

Definitely a line.

Congratulations grin

Allstoppedup Mon 26-Jan-15 12:40:07

* crosses everything for the morning! * grin

Boysclothes Mon 26-Jan-15 12:41:47

Woop woop!!

MaelstromOfLunacy Mon 26-Jan-15 12:44:31

I can never see lines on these things and even I can see that one - congratulations!!!!

Allstoppedup Mon 26-Jan-15 12:50:41

grin I think it must be very early days for it to be so faint! With DS1 I found out when I started being sick and didn't stop, everything smelt awful and I had sore boobs (found out at 4 weeks) but generally apart from the odd little blip of feeling sick I feel like normal!

I really thought this would take so much longer, I keep doubting myself! But we can't all be seeing things! Right?

I think I do need to see it in black and white though, how long should I hold off before I do a digital test?!

WinterBabyof89 Mon 26-Jan-15 13:03:21

That's def a line.. Congrats!
I'd maybe wait a few days for a digi so that your levels rise enough for the digi to register them..they're a lot less sensitive..

Congrats again though!! Xx

WinterBabyof89 Mon 26-Jan-15 13:04:54

I'd totally ignore my own advice though & pee on one tomoro haha

Allstoppedup Mon 26-Jan-15 13:05:40

Thank you!

I'm visiting my mum and sister next week (they live quite a distance away so don't see them often!) I might have to wait to do the digi when I see them as that would be really nice!

( I don't think I will be able to resist doing daily cheapies though!) grin

Allstoppedup Mon 26-Jan-15 13:06:29

Nothing says heartwarming gift like a stick you've urinated on...grin

Metalhead Mon 26-Jan-15 13:16:22

Yep, I can definitely see that one, congratulations! smile

WinterBabyof89 Mon 26-Jan-15 14:39:54

Aww they'll love that! How exciting.. smile

tinytops Mon 26-Jan-15 18:46:37

I can definitely see a line! smile

Allstoppedup Mon 26-Jan-15 18:58:47

Have obsessively done another since that one and its still fainter than the control line but def there and pink so 3 tests in I've finally let myself believe it!

Showed DP and he smiled, looked surprised asked said in a slightly nervous voice..."it's that still?"

Think he's convinced now!

Can't wait to do the digi but will be good and hold out as seeing a big old 'Not Pregnant' might bring me down!

Thanks again everyone!

loudarts Tue 27-Jan-15 09:39:42

chasingtherainbow Tue 27-Jan-15 09:51:06

Allstoppedup Tue 27-Jan-15 10:23:54

Thank you!

I was naughty this morning and couldn't resist the digital test and it confirmed it!

Only 1-2 weeks but there in black and white! So excited!

GoldfishSpy Tue 27-Jan-15 10:27:39

Nothing like seeing the word 'pregnant' to get the excitement going!!

ps Take a picture of it as the battery runs out after a week or so and it doesn't say it any more smile

Nolim Tue 27-Jan-15 10:28:02

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now