Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Sorry in advance!

(5 Posts)
Cupcakesandlove Sun 25-Jan-15 18:01:27

I all, I am a lurker of around 3/4 months. And I would just like to ask a question and that is when can I take a pregnamcy test?
I had been on the pill 7 years when I cam off it in November my period returned immediately and I've had 27 day cycles since 13th November 10th December and 5th jan. When I first came off the pill I was convinced so much so I would of sold my house on it that I was pregnant my boobs killed me I was sick (this later turned out to be a bug) I had a lot of discharge... Lowandbehold I wasn't it was the pill! Since then it's been really straight forward I dtd everyday from 13th-19th and today I was woken up by a stabbing pain in my left side I can only say it was near my ovaries and then I went out with my father and have felt sick on and off in waves since about 1pm. As for ovulation I'm not sure if I do ovulate as I don't see any ewcm throughout the month. I am trying to
Concieve I'm just wondering is it my mind playing tricks on me as I believe it's far to soon to be having "symptoms"?
Thanks and sorry to those who have answered this many times before but I appriciate your time

Hodds89 Sun 25-Jan-15 18:43:07

Hi hun! I cant offer any advice on the ovulation side of things! When we was trying i refused to use anything luke that because i knew it would then rule my life (just me) we was trying since october and november and december i was convinced i was pregnant... Sicky, boobs, headaches .. And then the dreaded period came sad! This month i convinced myself not to over think phantom symptoms and turnes out i am pregnant grin... I think if you over think everything the phantom symptoms creep up! Try to relax ( i know easyer said than done)! But you can get symptoms anytime so no not to early!! Fingers crossed for you hun flowers

Cupcakesandlove Sun 25-Jan-15 18:46:06

I'm the exact same as you, I don't use anything either. And I promised myself I wouldn't start a thread... But I am the thing is when I first came off the pill I did do a pregnancy test as I had never realised what the pill does to you and it was negative and I literally felt my heart break. I suppose I just need to wait a week. You spend your whole life not getting pregnant then you bloody can't when u want to Sod's law, I always assumed it was easy angry

Cupcakesandlove Sun 25-Jan-15 18:46:31

Also thank you for your reply I do agree with you and maybe I'll come off here and let nature take over

Hodds89 Sun 25-Jan-15 23:49:21

It will happen hun does just take time!!! I think women in general just stress over things like this because we expect it to be easy and when its not we just over think! I was convinced with my first i couldnt have kids andvthen fell 4 months down the line! smile so much easyer to be the oh!!! wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: