Talk

Advanced search

Should I do a test or am I being impatient?

(6 Posts)
HRMC87 Thu 22-Jan-15 16:18:45

Hi smile
Just after some general advice I am driving myself crazy!
I stopped taking the pill last month. If I have a normal cycle (which I always did before I went on the pill) then my period was due the day before yesterday. I have not had it and I am aware that it may be because my cycle may not go back to normal for ages but I have had period like pains now for 6 days. Every time I go to the toilet I expect it to be there but it's not. My breasts hurt and the pains are not constant so I don't know if I should take a pregnancy test. I am so impatient but I don't want the disappointment if it's negative. I know I won't know unless I actually take one so I sound really stupid but I guess I just want to know if would you wait it out? Or just do one?

Thanks smile

TheGirlWhoPlayedWithFire Thu 22-Jan-15 16:21:44

It could be that the hormones have played havoc with your cycle or you could be pregnant. I have heard of people being caught in the first month.

The only way to tell is to wait or take a test - at this stage you'd be able to get an answer either way.

Good luck!

TakesTwoToTango Thu 22-Jan-15 23:13:09

Just put yourself (and us!) out of misery and take a test. At least you'll know where you stand then!

HRMC87 Fri 23-Jan-15 10:32:34

Oh well looks like it was the hormones playing havoc because I cried at a puppy on the TV this morning and then got AF lol...

WinterBabyof89 Fri 23-Jan-15 10:37:54

Happens to the best of us HRMC..
Yay for cd1 of your next cycle though

TakesTwoToTango Fri 23-Jan-15 14:24:25

Ah well. Good luck for the result you want next month!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: