Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Ttc 4th child anyone else?

(20 Posts)
Lauramum23 Wed 21-Jan-15 11:47:45

Hi there everyone I'm 32 have 3 lovely children age 11,8,5 but I'm mega broody and I've managed to talk my dh round (he always wanted another anyway but he got cold feet when I mentioned it!) anyway I'm currently waiting af is due on Friday and the wait is so annoying! This is the first proper month of trying really but I caught on very quickly with my others, 2 straight away and 1 within a couple of months. My coil came out in September so I've had a good few cycles, exiting grin would love to chat to anyone similar x

Needmorechocolate Wed 21-Jan-15 13:04:12

Hi, I'm 15 weeks pregnant with numer 4 :-). 3dcs age 5,3 and 20 months. Life is going to be chaos but I'm very excited. Sending you lots of baby dust - fingers crossed this is the month for you x

QueenofKelsingra Wed 21-Jan-15 13:39:44

we're ttc number 4. DC1 is 5 and DTs are nearly 3. Caught first month with both previous pgs. I'm on cycle 2, tww. i think I had a chemical pg last month but not sure - lots of pg symptoms and then early AF (I'm never early).

bit nervous about going for #4 (and hoping it is only one this time!) but definitely want another child, could just happily skip the pregnancy and newborn bit though!!

come and join us on the Feb bus if you haven't already (I'm crap at remembering names on threads!), everyone's really friendly on there! don't need to read the whole thread, just jump in at the end!

MyCrazyLife Wed 21-Jan-15 19:45:20

Hey girls, we are planning to ttc no 4 from May. I came off the pill in September and my cycles seem to have settled to around 29 days. We got pregnant quickly with the other 3 but haven't been dtd at the right times as we want a 2016 baby for various reasons.

My 3 are 6, 3 and 2. Excited and nervous!

Lauramum23 Wed 21-Jan-15 20:17:44

Nice to meet you all, I'll have a look at feb bus, I'm not too good with this new app tho how do I jump to end of thread? I was reading one earlier very funny could have been feb bus but not sure!? My boobs are really sore this afternoon!?! Fingers crossed must try and wait till Saturday for testing (as if I can wait!) well that's if af doesn't show

Lauramum23 Wed 21-Jan-15 20:21:17

All your children are still pretty young then! Hats off to you ladies especially twin mum! My sister had twins whilst she was still breast feeding her first child but I have since read that you can release more eggs whilst bf my dh is a twin too I always worry till first scan to see if it's more than one.

QueenofKelsingra Wed 21-Jan-15 20:54:58

your DH being a twin will have no impact on whether you have twins - fraternal twins (non-identical) are passed down the mother's line only. so if your sister's twins are non-id then there is a chance there is a family trait further back in your family. if your sister's twins are identical then that is a fluke of nature and your chances of twins are not increased.

we had no family history prior to our twins (non-id) so quite a shock at the scan!!

we're hoping it doesn't take too long this time as I'dlike to sneak in with a 2015 baby!

Lauramum23 Wed 21-Jan-15 21:52:01

Yes sisters twins are non identical, and I know that dh sperm won't produce twins lol it's all with moi,it would be a bit of a coincidence tho grin I'm sure I won't get twinnies thogrin

Lauramum23 Fri 23-Jan-15 14:48:22

Don't know if you girls will read this but I got my bfp yesterday! I tested a little early (just couldn't waitgrin) and it came up positive straight away very dark! So I bought some cheapies and they also came up dark, I'll be due at the end of September so probs October knowing me! I hope to see you all soon x

MyCrazyLife Fri 23-Jan-15 16:31:04

Congrats Laura!

QueenofKelsingra Sat 24-Jan-15 10:40:38

congrats Laura! hopefully I wont be far behind you!

FoodieMum3 Wed 28-Jan-15 16:56:27

Congrats Laura.

I'm lurking here. SO undecided about #4. Ds is only 19 weeks and bf so the very earliest I would try is when he is 9-12months. I don't seem to fall pg very quickly though so if AF does return before then, maybe we won't prevent.

Thoughts of 4 dc are scary but exciting all at once. Really, really cannot make up my mind. Dh has given me the green light which is even scarier shock

Anyone else undecided?

I would love to be pregnant again and adore my 3 but I will admit to finding some days quite hard and stressful. How do you all find 3?
Maybe I am crazy hmm

MyCrazyLife Wed 28-Jan-15 17:00:43

FoodieMum, hi!

Despite me seeing v keen on ttc no 4 up there ^, I've gone back to being anxious and undecided again! Seem to change daily/weekly, so I know how you feel.

3 is hard work, and most definitely harder than 2, but now they're that bit older it has got easier. Don't forget your third is still so young so it will get easier for you, too.

I also would to be pregnant again. I'm only 25, and daydream of having scans and a bump again (although I know in reality it'll be morning sickness and hormonal crying!). However I do get stressed sometimes with 3 and god I'm snappy when I've got PMT!

We also only have a 5 seater car that we love so that could be an issue...!

FoodieMum3 Wed 28-Jan-15 17:08:55

Car would also be an issue for us.
Ds is still so young but my other 2 are 3 and 8.

It was so much easier to decide on number 2 and 3. I'm also dreading the thought of announcing a 4th to family & friends as they were shocked about no.3 which is utterly ridiculous I know because we are adults and never ask for help or babysitting etc hmm

What was the small gap between your last 2 like?

Even typing this is making me anxious lol!! confused

What do you all have? I've 2 girls and a boy. I gave away all girls clothes and items when He was born, that's how sure I was that we were done. Someone told me not to do it, I should have listened confused

I probably sound nuts!

MyCrazyLife Wed 28-Jan-15 19:22:52

You don't sound nuts smile don't forget that in theory women are on this earth to bear children - I think broodiness is completely natural! (Just inconvenient, ha.)

I'm dreading the announcement bit too, and we DO ask for help quite a lot (I don't speak to my family and DH works away a lot).

I've also got two girls and a boy smile the small age gap was/is brilliant. When DD2 was born, it went straight over DD1's head. There was no jealousy. When she was about 2, she started getting a bit jealous, but now they play together. They were playing 'mummies and babies' earlier which was adorable.

I got rid of all stuff after 1 and 2, but weirdly have kept everything this time.

Could you get a multimac? Or trade your car in? I think we're going to squash into the 5 seater when it's just me and the DC and then when DH is here we'll either take the kids out separately or one of us will get taxi/train... Now I sound nuts!

FoodieMum3 Wed 28-Jan-15 20:55:04

Sorry mycrazyLife but I just literally did LOL at the image of us going on a family outing and me with a car load of kids and dh having to get a bus.

Yes, we truly must be MAD grin

MyCrazyLife Wed 28-Jan-15 21:06:23

Hahaha well, I'm glad I'm not the only one! Maybe our DHs could get the bus together wink

Some people don't have a car at all and still manage... Right?!

I'm like you though; I want to be excited about potentially ttc again but I feel anxious just writing this! Lol

FoodieMum3 Thu 29-Jan-15 13:08:31

Well if I needed a kick up the arse and a good dose of reality, I got it... Dd2 has come down with a vomiting bug. She's sleeping now.

I'm going to put plans for #4 on hold and hope these broody feelings disappear tbhmm

Ooooh, do you like my hat? tbgrin

Lauramum23 Mon 16-Feb-15 13:20:22

Had a miscarriage! So I'm gonna be back on it again hmm are you still undecided?

SeeWotHappens Mon 16-Feb-15 20:13:54

So sorry to hear that Laura, hope you're ok. I miscarried at 6 weeks in November, it's a really crap place to be. You will be fine though xx I really hope you get your next BFP soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: