Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Clearblue dual hormone sticks- how many days did you get high before a peak?

(10 Posts)
zippyswife Mon 19-Jan-15 14:31:46

This is the first month I'm using these. I started testing on cd6. Cd7 had a high reading (which surprised me). My understanding is that it will now just show a high until a peak is reached. I don't want to be dtd EVERY day there is a high (I feel knackered just thinking about it!!).

I kind of wondered how many days of a high I can expect before I get a peak. Just so I can pace myself!

WineSpider Mon 19-Jan-15 14:40:59

I used these for the first time this month. Not actively trying, but want to get to grips with my cycle before we do start.

I got a negative on day 10 and 11, then high on day 12 then positive on day 13.

I am keeping track on the My Days app.

Good luck.

zippyswife Mon 19-Jan-15 14:57:22

Thanks. Mine seems to be have got to high so early I'm already convinced it's going to be a while before it hits a peak. Having said that I am frequently wrong so..!

Good luck to you too! I'll look at that app- hadn't heard of it before.

tessiegirl Mon 19-Jan-15 16:54:06

Hi there! Just thought I would add what I have had using these tests...
1st cycle I used them I got three high days on CD10, 11 and 12 then peak on CD13 and 14...
Second cycle I got high days for 8 days (!) from CD8 to CD15 then peak on CD16 and 17
Third cycle I got high days for 6 days from CD13 to CD18 then peak CD19 and 20
As you can see there has been quite a lot of variation from month to month.

allchatnicknamesgone Mon 19-Jan-15 17:28:41

It does fluctuate each month but I generally got 4 days high before peak.
good luck.

zippyswife Mon 19-Jan-15 18:31:19

Thank you. Good luck to you all. I used the CBFM to conceive before (but gave it to a friend). I conceived first time using that, so I think I have unrealistic expectations for these sticks!

Teach3 Mon 19-Jan-15 19:09:24

I had a high on day 17 then peak the next day. I was expecting two days high before a peak (as it said on the box) but guess this was just an average!

JaneSteel22 Wed 21-Jan-15 20:17:37

I just ordered a months supply of these, how did everyone find them? are they easy to use?

zippyswife Thu 22-Jan-15 09:27:40

Jane don't ask me! Seems like I can't follow simple instructions- think I've messed up this month. I'm just going to dtd every other day now (as don't want to waste more sticks- rather keep them to start again next month).

My tip- READ THE INSTRUCTIONS- I never read instructions properly and did the test wrong (at least once- maybe more shock).

As it stands I got my first flashy face cd7 and it's been flashing every day since (cd 11 now).

Best of luck!

CrazyCatMomma Fri 23-Jan-15 22:29:18

I've used them for the last 2 months and have gone from an empty circle one night to peak fertility the next, skipping the high fertility phase all together! I only use the OPKs a few days around expected ovulation.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: