Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

periods 13 days late and in a lot of pain

(23 Posts)
mummyneedinganswers Sun 18-Jan-15 22:15:40

Hi so my period is 13 days late. I've had 4 mc in the past and dp and I are TTC. I haveno AF at all and have loads of cm where Iam soaking constantly. I am experiencing quite a bit of pain down in my ovary/uterine region. Its not cramps or twinges like before just severe pain like a bruised feeling. It hurts wen I move and when I press in and don't know what it is. I've taken 4 prey tests in past two weeks and all negative so its not pregnancy has anyone any ideas as I'm in a lot of pain xx

AmantesSuntAmentes Sun 18-Jan-15 22:17:28

Have you been to your GP? I had similar pain to what you describe with pcos. Definitely best to get yourself checked smile

MrsKCastle Sun 18-Jan-15 22:23:06

I don't know what it could be... But have you tried calling 111? With that much pain from an unknown cause they may advise you to get seen tonight.

Princessdeb Sun 18-Jan-15 22:28:11

While less likely given the negative pregnancy tests there is a small chance given that your period is late and you are experiencing lower abdominal pain that it could be an ectopic pregnancy. They can sometimes show as negative on tests. I would either call OOH GP or go to your local urgent care centre just to be safe. Good luck. X

RandomMess Sun 18-Jan-15 22:30:55

Could also be a cyst. You really need to be seen and not leave it.

mummyneedinganswers Mon 19-Jan-15 00:21:01

Yes have seen gp and have to get blood tests on Tuesday for my hormones and I don't know what is causing it. Xx

mummyneedinganswers Mon 19-Jan-15 00:21:38

I'm scared to ring OOH in case I'm wasting there time xx

swmum24 Mon 19-Jan-15 01:11:37

You're not wasting anyone's time. That is what they are there for. Go as soon as you can.

toohardtothinkofaname Mon 19-Jan-15 06:19:37

That's what I feels like when I OV & lasts from 2hrs to a full afternoon.

Could you be ovulating late or did you confirm it with BBT?

mummyneedinganswers Mon 19-Jan-15 11:59:31

I've defo not ovulating as this cervical mucus has been like this for over a week and I've took opks and there all completely negative and I normally only get twinges wen ovulating but this morning I've woke up and I'm really sore but my right hip and the right side of my lower back/pelvis is extremely sore xx

mummyneedinganswers Mon 19-Jan-15 12:00:23

By my right hip *

mrstothemr Mon 19-Jan-15 12:04:20

Hi there

Is the pain on one side? That can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy, as a pp said. I just had one and my lower back ached something awful with a dull pain radiating down my leg and stabbing pains on one side.

Any pain I'd get checked out, just in case. 111 are great x

mrstothemr Mon 19-Jan-15 12:06:15

Sorry, just saw you said on the right - worth putting your mind at rest. No one will think you're making a big deal out of it x

Endler32 Mon 19-Jan-15 12:08:16

I think you need to be checked out ASAP incase it's an atopic pg,..

notonyourninny Mon 19-Jan-15 12:10:16

When i had an ectopic the pregnancy test was negative. Please get yourself checked out.

mummyneedinganswers Mon 19-Jan-15 12:13:50

I have an emergency appointment with my gp this afternoon. Its just wen I sit I'm really uncomfortable and very sore especially wen I move and my back is aching xx

mrstothemr Mon 19-Jan-15 12:16:54

That's good news, glad you managed to get an appointment. They'll be able to refer you quickly if need be x

mummyneedinganswers Mon 19-Jan-15 12:31:46

Anno I'm hoping they can sort me with some kind of scan as I can't be coping with this pain x

Number3cometome Mon 19-Jan-15 16:20:44

Hope you're ok OP

mrstothemr Mon 19-Jan-15 18:45:37

Came back to see how you're doing, hope everything is ok x

mummyneedinganswers Mon 19-Jan-15 22:41:56

Still in a lot of pain extremely exhausted as well but gp gave me a letter to go to a&e but unfortunately wasn't able to go today as my grandad is on his way out And isn't expected to live past the weekend on my way to a&e I got side tracked and was asked to go to him so its a&e tomorrow to get this sorted finally xx

mrstothemr Tue 20-Jan-15 04:55:52

That's a lot to deal with, I hope you're doing ok on the middle of it all.

Please do go to a&e as soon as possible still, if it is ectopic it can be very serious on your health x

toohardtothinkofaname Tue 20-Jan-15 06:36:42

Hey op, I really hope you're ok x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: