Advanced search

What can I do??!

(5 Posts)
NiceToesNaughtyToes Fri 16-Jan-15 21:18:14

Just after some advice. I haven't had my period for almost 5 months now. (Usually very regular starting around the 1st-3rd of each month) The last one I had was in back in September and I posted here in Oct/ Nov to ask what I should do.

I've wracked my brain, with suggestions from MNers, but can't work out why I've been missing so many periods- not taking any meds, no sudden weight loss or gain, no major stresses etc. I've POAS countless times, all with negative results.

I've been to my GP several time too, to ask what could be wrong, but I've been dismissed each time with 'it'll settle down' etc etc hmm I've asked for a blood test to try and determine whether I am PG or not, but have been refused twice as my GP says they NHS doesn't offer them anymore because home pregnancy tests are just as accurate. But the phlebotomist at my GP surgery has told me they do offer them.

Very confused, but thank you for sticking with me if you've got this far!
Any advice would be so helpful

mrsd2014 Fri 16-Jan-15 21:36:03

How old are you? and have you taken a home pregnancy test?

About a year and a half ago I went without a period for around 7 months. Again, no reason for it and every month i POAS just incase.. but always negative. It did eventually start up again just as suddenly as it stopped, so it does happen.

BurnThisDiscoDown Fri 16-Jan-15 21:47:21

I had this when ttc for DS, pregnancy tests were all negative and I had a blood test that was also negative. After 5 months my GP gave me progesterone to kick start my period, then my cycles were normal. Never got to the bottom of what caused the epic cycle though!

Showy Fri 16-Jan-15 21:51:08

mrsd, she says she's taken countless tests.

I think at this point they kick start your period, much as they did with BurnThisDisco. Usually however, they do a blood test first just to check for hcg. Can you see a different gp?

emma85x Sat 17-Jan-15 20:06:55

The whole of last year I had 1 period. Then was diagnosed with Pcos. Started Acupuncture (no drugs) and I'm now at the end of my second monthly cycle. I've been seeing him for 2 months! Acupuncture highly recommended!!! Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now