Talk

Advanced search

Regular/irregular periods

(5 Posts)
PlantCurtain Fri 16-Jan-15 19:19:16

Hullo all. I have possibly a very stupid question about periods. Basically, how irregular do periods have to be before they are "irregular"?

I had always thought that I had a clockwork 28 day cycle, but my period tends to come on late at night. Since I started keeping track of them with an app as opposed to vaguely in my head, I noticed that my cycle tended to be between 28 and 29 days with the occasional 27 day cycle. I had a bad accident in June last year for which I was hospitalised and had surgery. My period came on the day after (at 26 days) and then at 33 days the following month. It's now back to being between 28 and 27 days with the occasional 26 day cycle.

I'm just curious as to whether this would be defined as irregular, or as basically regular? I'm sure at least some of the variation is because of my tendency to discover I'm on just before or just after midnight when I'm on my way to bed.

DramaAlpaca Fri 16-Jan-15 20:19:20

I would say this counts as a regular cycle. My cycle (before peri-menopause sent it doolally) was similar to yours and I considered it to be regular.

GretnaGreen Fri 16-Jan-15 21:27:06

Thanks! smile

GretnaGreen Fri 16-Jan-15 21:29:22

(Sorry, not sockpuppeting, laptop is stuck on a different username and I keep forgetting angry)

DramaAlpaca Fri 16-Jan-15 21:31:21

Haha! I've just done the same myself on another thread.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: