Advanced search

ovulaton confusion

(8 Posts)
Bentleysmum31 Thu 15-Jan-15 18:05:55

hi mummies! silly question but how do you know when your ovulating? blush blush blush blush

allchatnicknamesgone Thu 15-Jan-15 18:13:09

it's usually around the middle of the cycle but hugely varies.
cervical mucus
period like cramping
taking your temperature
peeing on ovulation sticks
or none of the above and just bonk as much as you can when you stop bleeding after AF (or before if the mood takes you)

allchatnicknamesgone Thu 15-Jan-15 18:13:57

Oh you can check your own cervix too if you are really desperate!

pinksparklynails Thu 15-Jan-15 18:19:32

hi, it me who posted just got new

can someone explain the cycle to me too? like my period lasts 5 days every month but when I try work out m cycle it says my period is like 31days.... I just simply can't understand it!!

RawCoconutMacaroon Thu 15-Jan-15 18:35:05

Cycle length varies quite a lot from person to person. Typically around 26-30 days from the start of one period to the start of the next one.

You should ovulate (usually) 12-14 days before the start of the next period (if you don't fall pregnant of course). For someone with a 28day cycle, this would be around day 14 of the cycle (ie 14 days after the start of your last period).

pinksparklynails Thu 15-Jan-15 20:32:09

thank you for your advice guys, much appreciated grin xxxx

oneyorkshirepud Thu 15-Jan-15 22:23:16

Hi pinksparkly, the first day of your period is day 1, this will last as long as it lasts for you! Then your hormones get to work; causing several eggs to mature and the lining of your womb to build up. About 2 weeks before the start of your next period one egg is released from one of your ovaries. 2 weeks after this you could expect AF or a BFP! There are some good apps for tracking your cycle and working out when you will ovulate. Good luck!!

pinksparklynails Fri 16-Jan-15 17:00:21

thanks pud grin (love thge username hahaagrin ) xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now