Talk

Advanced search

feel like I'm letting work down

(5 Posts)
gaggaforababa Thu 15-Jan-15 11:22:56

I am Ttc and have been since September, I have my fx that this might be my lucky month, but I feel like I'm letting work down. I work in a small company (only 9 of us) and obviously they will need to employ someone to cover me and pay maternity leave.
Does anyone else feel like this?

Bolshybookworm Thu 15-Jan-15 11:30:21

I did, but at the end of the day, you can't not have children because of your job. They won't be there to hold your hand on your deathbed.

My boss was actually ok with me getting pregnant (worked in a small team of 6), partly because I agreed to come back after 6 months mat leave (NOT saying you have to do this- I would have taken longer if I hadn't needed the money tbh). It was so hard telling them, though.

gaggaforababa Thu 15-Jan-15 12:05:14

Thanks for your reply bolshy, I know they will be happy for me when it happens and I know my boss had both her babies in the office with her untill they are about 6mths old so they might let me take mine in lol, she is an owning director though.
I just know cash flow is tight and I don't like the idea of them having to pay my maternity and pay someone else to do my job.
I think Af is on her way anyway so I may be worrying prematurely sad

TravelinColour Thu 15-Jan-15 12:10:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gaggaforababa Thu 15-Jan-15 13:21:53

Oh that's good, that makes me feel loads better smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: