Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Smear test while ttc

(8 Posts)
CluelessDil Wed 14-Jan-15 23:02:49

I am due a smear test next week, I'll be in the middle of my 2ww. So not pregnant but possibly.

I can see advice online for pg women but not those possibly pg.

Any info you have would be appreciated? Eg do I let them know, would it matter at such a potentially early stage?

Glitterball86 Thu 15-Jan-15 08:11:23

Hello,

Didn't want to read and run

Maybe have a chat with the practise nurse or your gp as I'm sure they will be able to give you the best advice smile

Sending baby dust and good luck xx

milou90 Thu 15-Jan-15 11:51:59

Hi the smear test will not affect conception, as it is just on the outside of the cervix, so don't worry!

NatalieBee Thu 15-Jan-15 13:27:29

I had a smear test a couple of weeks ago when I would have been 4 weeks pregnant and didn't know! I'm 7 weeks now and all goodsmile my midwife just said the results will come back as having changes because of the pregnancy hormones and things! Goodluck on your tww thanks

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Thu 15-Jan-15 13:48:09

I had a smear before testing +ve. No issues at all in the pregnancy (and I have a history of mc). In fact it was the most comfortable smear I've ever had. grin

allchatnicknamesgone Thu 15-Jan-15 15:00:06

hi.
Obviously other posters have given their positive experiences, but I was advised to try and have a smear before ovulation and not in the 2ww. It's obviously fine for most, but I was trying for long time and didn't want the slightest thing to even worry me.
I can't see how it can really have an impact myself as the pregnancy is happening way further up though and nurse only gets to cervix….
Good luck.

CluelessDil Thu 15-Jan-15 19:38:42

Thanks ladies flowers

I'll definitely mention to the nurse but sounds like it should be fine.

glitterball thanks for the baby dust but I'm pretty sure you can practically get banned round these parts for using terms like that grin you've sprinkled it now though... I'm keeping it!

CluelessDil Wed 21-Jan-15 22:44:36

A quick update - I went today and the nurse wouldn't do my smear because I'm ttc and could potentially be pregnant.

She did say she was over cautious but would rather I came back after my period.

Thought I'd update to say that if anyone is in the same boat it might've best to phone ahead and find out where your nurse stands. I must admit after what I read here and elsewhere online I was quite surprised

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: