Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

possible to get pg after ovulation

(10 Posts)
mummypig3 Wed 14-Jan-15 12:47:45

Had ewcm from 5th to 9th and dtd on 11th. Since then been having cramps but not due on til 23rd

cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Wed 14-Jan-15 13:08:59

Its most likely that you ov'd after the 9th as fertile CM leads up to ovulation. Certainly possible.

mummypig3 Wed 14-Jan-15 13:14:02

Ah right. I thought ov happened a couple of days before the ewcm finished

cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Wed 14-Jan-15 13:17:12

Nope it's usually 4/5 days of EWCM, then some watery/slippery mucus for a day while you ovulate. You mightn't even be able to notice the watery stuff unless you are properly checking your tissue!

mummypig3 Wed 14-Jan-15 13:26:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Wed 14-Jan-15 14:14:26

The best time to test is the day AF is due, but FRER tests say they can get accurate tests from 4 days before period is due so at about 10 dpo

mummypig3 Wed 14-Jan-15 14:15:37

Ok. Thanks

mummyofonesofar Fri 16-Jan-15 15:06:40

My SIL DTD for the first time that month the day before she thought AF was due. I now have a Nephew so none of it is an exact science, some months you may ovulate very late or very early anyway. Good luck testing.

Thumbwitch Fri 16-Jan-15 15:08:37

Definitely possible as it takes a few days for the egg to travel all the way from the ovary out.

TakeMeUpTheNorthMountain Fri 16-Jan-15 15:19:23

I have been trying for 5 years based on ovulation tables etc.

Got pregnant 2 days after period ended. I know that to be true as it's the only time I had sex, we had stopped trying due to health issues.

So I was clearly ovulating at a random time, maybe go for dtd every fay/second day of the month to be sure? Or do you use ovulation test sticks?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: