Talk

Advanced search

symptoms of coming off the mini pill

(6 Posts)
rachelrawrrr Tue 13-Jan-15 15:07:43

hi all! grin
I'm looking for advice. how long after you came off the pill did your mimicked pregnancy symptoms start to calm down? for the first couple of weeks my breasts were sore and I was nauseous, then they calmed down for about a week, but now they're back with a vengeance sad my breasts are so bloody sore that if I slightly brush them, I have to cry out in pain.
had no bleeding as of yet, but I'm not holding my breath for being PG. I just want my breasts to stop killing me! sad

Autumn2014 Tue 13-Jan-15 16:03:45

I'd be interested in this too! I have a heavy/achy feeling down below (just posted today about it) that could be the start of my first pill free period or wishful thinking something else?

rachelrawrrr Tue 13-Jan-15 16:28:32

I'm glad it's not just me! I'm getting a strange feeling in my lower stomach too, especially when I'm sneezing, feels like somethings gonna fall out! hahaha
I can barely sleep because of how sore my boobs are sad I would have thought they would have started to calm down now sad but it's hard not to symptom spot though!

Karelia81 Tue 13-Jan-15 17:47:30

Hi - came off mini-pill shortly after christmas. Have withdrawal bleed from new years day for a few days then all quiet since. Not sure what you mean by mimicked pregnancy symptoms?! But then I've never had sore boobs / nausea or anything anyway.
Periods on pill were long, heavy and very painful so just glad not to be having any - so that's one symptom mimicking pg I'm enjoying, ha.
Did anyone else have the same experience of heavy bleeding on the mini-pill?

MrsCrumbtious Tue 13-Jan-15 17:59:31

I had classic pregnancy symptoms after coming off cerezette. Had sore boobs, tired and felt sick for a few days but guessing it was the hormones working their way out. Cycles have returned back to normal since August. Good luck with ttc! X

rachelrawrrr Tue 13-Jan-15 20:05:10

Karelia: since coming off I've had sore breasts, nausea, terrible mood swings and such, it's been horrid! I never had any bleeding whilst on the pill though so I couldn't answer sad

MrsC, how long did those symptoms last for? it's been just over a month for me and they just seem to be getting worse. also my breasts seem somewhat firmer (?) I'm not quite sure how to describe

one thing is for sure, after I've had a child, I'm not going back on the pill! it's causing nothing but bother haha

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: