Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

ovulation CM and Clearblue Ovulation tests

(5 Posts)
emma85x Mon 12-Jan-15 20:17:19

Hello all,

I was hoping you might be able to advise! I've been off the pill for over a year but tbh hubby and I haven't been having lots of sex! I've been having acupuncture as my periods were not very regular. Since having acupuncture periods are now regular 35 day cycles which is fab! Have been using Clearblue digital ovulation sticks. I had flashing smiley faces for 8 days! Yesterday I had solid smiley face and DTD in the morning. But then saw online that the solid face means you'll ovulate the next day (today) however, I have white sticky CM. Really concerned. Please can anyone advise me as to what's going on?! First month actively TTC anf feel a bit lost! I'm 29 and my husband is 32. We DTD -1 O and -2 O. Any advice very much appreciated! Thank you x

TinkerBlue Mon 12-Jan-15 20:25:51

I think the best way to confirm ov is by temping. Opks and cm tracking are really helpful but you'll find it easier to figure out which day you ov by 3 days of temp increase after the main event.
Also, dtd in the days before ov means you have swimmers ready for when the egg emerges. Rather that than trying to time it to the split second imho. They can live for days up there, so sounds to me like you've done everything right smile

emma85x Mon 12-Jan-15 20:30:18

Thank you so much for your response! I feel like the new girl at school looking for guidance! The flashing faces for so long were so annoying. Wore my husband out before O day and now hes not in the mood! D'OH! Think O day is today. According to Clearblue advanced digital ovulation tests. Had lots of sex a week ago as was expecting to O then! Sorry for tmi still learning the mumsnet acronyms!! Thanks again. #worrying x

TinkerBlue Mon 12-Jan-15 20:54:18

Everybody is different, but for me ov day comes with ewcm. White mucus comes the day after. You might be different but I'd imagine you ovd late yesterday at the latest judging by your cm (sticky white stuff isn't very fertile, suggesting your fertile window is all but done). But if you dtd -1 and -2 sounds like you timed it well! If it were me I'd still probably jump him tomorrow and Friday for good measure wink

emma85x Mon 12-Jan-15 21:19:30

Thank you. DH is definitely feeling the pressure and not in the mood. Fingers crossed there's some persistent swimmers already there! Fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: