Talk

Advanced search

can exercise effect implantatiom?

(7 Posts)
sophiabella Sat 10-Jan-15 16:17:05

My partner and i are ttc and i do quite a lot of exercise a day. Ive read that it could have issues with implantation. But ive also read that it doesn't. Any advice?

toohardtothinkofaname Sat 10-Jan-15 17:03:23

from what I've read, excessive exercising can affect TTC because stress on the body can lead to delayed ovulation - although this typically refers to competitive sportspeople.

However, my acupuncturist advised swapping from running to yoga during the two week wait because the impact can cause uterine movement which could affect implantation. Also, while you're body is putting so much effort into making your body run and repair afterwards, it's taking away some of the energy for conceiving.

That said, loads of runners get pregnant as do non-runners! so try everything in moderation and if exercising makes you happy, that's going to do wonders for your mental attitude and have a positive impact smile

Good luck!

sophiabella Sat 10-Jan-15 21:22:03

Thank you. I think i will just be careful! But i love exercising so wil prob just try to keep it a bit less than normal!

toohardtothinkofaname Sat 10-Jan-15 22:14:20

Sounds like a good plan. It'll make pregnancy & labour easier as well if you keep it up grin

surferchic41212 Sun 11-Jan-15 19:22:07

I don't know about inplantation, but I conceived our little girl when training for a triathlon, cycle 1.. I took fertility vitamins, and we used conceive plus.. And I continued to go to gym pretty full on till 37 weeks, then felt my body need to slow down so I moved to yoga, walking and stretches.. For me, exercise was already part of my life, so I think my trainer's advice would be not to take up anything new or high impact, but if you are doing those already, don't worry. Just listen to your body. We're now trying for #2, and we're gonna just do the same again! (Plus, exercise did help as about 2 months after birth everything but my front tummy was back.. smile

Observer78 Sun 11-Jan-15 19:30:39

I'll share just one sentence that was given to me by a doctor on the subject, "if that was true, there'd be a whole lot more people taking up running".

InfantHercules Sun 11-Jan-15 19:36:59

Turned out I conceived the week I ran half-marathon distance twice... Now at 26 weeks. Still fit and active (although no longer jogging). Loving feeling strong while pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now