Talk

Advanced search

Is this a positive OPK

(6 Posts)
frazzledtofun Fri 09-Jan-15 13:41:41

stupid question I suppose, but would you hold out for tomorrow? Or should we DTD in earnest tonight in anticipation? I have never had a strong line before and new to OPKs so not sure what to do...

BumWad Fri 09-Jan-15 14:10:45

Yes looks near enough!

homeaway Fri 09-Jan-15 14:15:18

Take another tonight it will pobably be positive.smile

lemon101 Fri 09-Jan-15 15:42:58

Hey frazzle,

I would agree with homeaway and suggest retesting - it looks like its getting there, but the only way I found was reliable was by testing over several days and checking for the difference between the tests. You have a 36 hour window to get busy anyway after a surge (they say 24-36 hours on the packets of these things, but I read some academic papers and the consensus seems to be its more like 36 hours...). Also it is definitely better to test between 2pm and 8pm - so later today may produce a better result.

Good luck!

seaoflove Fri 09-Jan-15 15:45:25

I'm pretty certain that anything fainter than the control line is a negative. But your body is probably gearing up to ovulate soon so there's certainly no harm in DTD!

I agree that if you take another tonight or tomorrow morning it'll turn positive.

frazzledtofun Sat 10-Jan-15 00:26:43

Thank you all! I did another test later but it was fainter. However, I had been drinking more water beforehad so could be just more diluted. Let's see what tomorrow brings....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now