Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does a successful pregnancy improve fertility?

(4 Posts)
Observer78 Fri 09-Jan-15 01:52:57

Is it true that having a successful pregnancy improves your fertility?

I've had problems conceiving and keeping the pregnancy going (multiple MC's). Last year had another go with Clomid (I was bordering on a mental breakdown by that point as my options were starting to narrow down), and progesterone pessaries + Clexane + baby aspirin after BFP (one twin loss later) - we are parents!

My fertility didn't improve in any shape or form after my miscarriages, so the theory that a pregnancy kicks things into right gear didn't apply to me, hence the specific title.

We love being parents. Bloody exhausted but it's so been worth all the heartache and perseverance over the last decade. Feels like it never happened.

I'm tentatively allowing myself to daydream of another little bundle of screaming joy, but am extremely anxious to even go there.
Which is why I'd like to know if any of you have had similar experience? Would really appreciate you sharing.

If anyone's ran a marathon before (without being the athlete you'd like to be) - you'll know what I mean when I say - now I've done it and know what it takes, mentally it's hard to push yourself to go through it all again. Worst that can happen during a run is you simply don't finish, or you walk etc., but here both mental and emotional health is put through a massive endurance test when you're struggling with fertility / miscarriage issues.
Does it get better? Is it worth a go? We don't have the luxury of another decade, sadly, which is why it'd be helpful to know if it's even worth entertaining the idea of TTC.

Thank you thank you thank you wine

sykadelic Fri 09-Jan-15 03:08:54

Didn't want to read and run so, is there a reason why you don't just stop using protection and just see what happens? Sort of a "what will be will be" type deal?

I can't say I've ever heard the rumour that having a baby means you have better fertility but as I also don't think it'd hurt, I'd just stop using protection and hope for the best.

Sorry that doesn't really help but good luck!

Metalhead Fri 09-Jan-15 07:34:27

Not in my case I'm afraid, DD was conceived very easily but 18 months and one mmc later we still haven't managed DC2. We did wait for 3 years to try again, so not sure if that made a difference. Generally though I don't think there are any "rules" when it comes to fertility.

Number3cometome Fri 09-Jan-15 08:26:13

Mine is a bit up and down!

3 early mc's then DS conceived after 18 months - was due to start Chlomid but feel spontaneously.

After DS, took a further 4 years to conceive his sister without assistance.

After DD was born, took Cerazette for 7 years, then came off Cerazette in July, pregnant by October (yes just 3 months!)

When I had my early scan with this baby, the Sonographer noted that all of my cysts on my left ovary had gone, and there is just one on the right now.

DC3 is with another partner, so that may have added to the difference also.

All I will say is never give up! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now