Talk

Advanced search

Poor Circulation and fertility

(3 Posts)
lerenard81 Thu 08-Jan-15 19:56:34

I've been TTC for around 11 months now, I had 4 months without a period which led to me having blood tests and an ultrasound (everything came back normal). The thing is, my periods are really short, lasting 2 days, 3 at most, and quite light flow. This got me thinking about my blood flow and circulation as my hands and toes are always cold. Could the 2 be connected and could it be affecting my fertility? If anyone knows anything about this I'd really appreciate your responses. Thanks.

cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Thu 08-Jan-15 20:11:50

Hi lerenard

I was the same as you with only 2/3 day periods. Told my GP & she has no interest in it, says there's no problem. However when I mentioned it to my acupuncturist (I have 90 day plus cycles so having acupuncture to shorten my cycles) he believes it should be longer to promote fertility, and 2 months into acupuncture, my last period was good flow for 4 days and light flow for an additional 2 days.

No advice as such but thought I'd tell you about my experience! Good luck finding answers

lerenard81 Thu 08-Jan-15 20:22:17

Thanks, I really appreciate you getting back to me. My doctor said the same; she wasn't at all concerned about my periods being short, she said all was fine so long as they're regular (they're around every 27 days). I may look into acupuncture but I've never done anything like that before and the idea frightens me a little. I did look online for supplements that promote blood flow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now