Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Unwell after implanon removal - Pleas help!

(7 Posts)
AmberJane34 Thu 08-Jan-15 16:47:39

Hello everyone,

I decided to have my implant removed due to nearly 2 years of pure hell with it. I had irregular bleeding, pains and just got fed up of it.

I had it out on 18th December and had unprotected sex with my partner on 25th. On 27th/28th i had (what i expect to be) withdrawal bleeding which was very heavy. It was waking me up at night and i had to change.
Sorry for TMI

Since then i have felt very unwell. I have not been sick but feel very nausea's. I have also felt quite dizzy at times and had hot flushes and some headaches.

I have seen a few comments dotted about the net where people have had the same after implanon removal.

Could this be due to implanon removal or could i be pregnant?

I know people will say just do a test and i know that. But i am also wanting to hear of peoples experiences with implanon removal.

Thank you

dizzylemon Thu 08-Jan-15 20:56:24

I had similar symptoms soon after coming off the pill. Likely just adjustment in hormones.

It's annoying how similar the symptoms are.

professornangnang Thu 08-Jan-15 21:22:01

I didn't have any symptoms like that after getting the implanon out tbh. I felt pretty normal. Could be pregnancy.

victoria401 Fri 09-Jan-15 16:15:30

Hi Amber

When I had my implant out I had awful preg-like symptoms, so much so that I was convinced we had caught first month! I was nauseous and had such sore boobs I couldn't even hug dh! I couldn't even face a glass of wine which is very unlike me! Unfortunately my period followed and I have had a normal cycle ever since. I guess the only sure thing is to take a test.

AmberJane34 Fri 09-Jan-15 18:33:09

Hey

Is that the only symptoms you had?

BabyBumpHopeful Sat 10-Jan-15 02:59:49

I had mine out in March 2014 and my symptoms were pretty much bloating, cramping and nausea even up to the end of April. Sorry you're going through this!

Kym134 Wed 14-Jan-15 21:32:09

I was the same. Came out in October and I had two months of sickness and cramps...it does end

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: