Talk

Advanced search

Paying for Clomid

(6 Posts)
ThunderboltKid Tue 06-Jan-15 22:14:44

We conceived DS1 on third round of clomid, and after a year TTC#2, it looks like we need assistance again.

GP has said that he is no longer allowed to prescribe clomid, as you have to have a monitoring scan, and I'm not entitled to it on the NHS as I already have a DS.

Is that a widespread rule? I'm just surprised because when I look at fertility clinics, they all mention prices and packages for IVF/ICSI etc, but I'm surprised not to ever see any mention of clomid.

Those of you that have had to self fund, could you give me an idea of costs?

cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Wed 07-Jan-15 09:50:09

Hi,

I don't know about the regulations on NHS but the fertility clinic I uses offers 3 cycles of clomid for circa £300.

Hope this helps

ThunderboltKid Wed 07-Jan-15 09:58:49

Thanks, that's really helpful. Just wanted a ballpark figure flowers

mistletoeprickles Wed 07-Jan-15 14:28:49

Is it worth getting a second opinion?

I'm about to start clomid and I already have a DD although I didn't have clomid when I conceived her

ThunderboltKid Wed 07-Jan-15 14:54:13

I've tried. I still think they are wrong, and my GP has been really supportive in helping me argue the case, but they are adamant that I can't have it and that the same exclusions apply as they do to their IVF etc policies.

Can I ask what health area you come under? (You could PM me if you don't want to say publicly). Thanks

mistletoeprickles Wed 07-Jan-15 15:56:05

PM'ed you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now