Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

should i be worried!! snear test under 25 ? and back to gynecologist please ur advice

(4 Posts)
mummyneedinganswers Tue 06-Jan-15 17:54:34

Okay so we are trying to conceive and my period has been slightly irregular since august but always came. I had AF on 5th if December but nothing since (even tho its only 4 1/2weeks since then ) I had symptoms so I wen to my dr and she performed a urine pregnancy test and it was negative. So I told her about the bleed I had in between period in august October and November but I thought cz of irregular period I didn't suspect anything unusual. So she said she needed a smear test done so I thought ok so come back next week for a test but no next thing I was up on the bed nurse in the room legs spread with a smear being done then and there and then she said I was being referred back to my gynecologist who only discharged me on 1st of december. I'm sort of freaking out now cz I had myself set on TTC and everything being fine like Dr hunter (my gynecologist) had said and now I'm sort of freaking out cz they don't perform smears on under 25s unless absolutely necessary (so I've been told) should I be worried someone please tell me I'm overreacting cz one minute I think I'm pregnant and now I don't know what to think :'( xx

MrsG23 Tue 06-Jan-15 18:30:32

How old are you? I'm 24.5 and I've just got my letter through for my smear... If you are coming towards 25, they might have just done one because...? Xx

VanitasVanitatum Tue 06-Jan-15 18:34:36

Doing it then and there is perfectly normal, no point in making you come back for such a simple test. They don't routinely smear test until 25 but they will just be ruling out and cervical erosion as a cause of the bleed I imagine.

Results will be back soon.

mummyneedinganswers Tue 06-Jan-15 19:07:32

I'm 20 and okays thank you xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now